Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.49

on 7 May 2013
This is a little gem of a story,it has been a while since i have had my fix of Viking tales now that Giles Kristian and Robert Low are off in other fields of history,but this tale by M.C.Scott,who for me is a story teller of the highest order,had me grip from the opening line and held me to the bloody end.Once again i am oathsworn,i know M.C.Scott from her Roman novels,but after this taste of Raven Feeder, i do hope we will have a longer version of Arne,Son of Thore in the future.
on 13 October 2013
I had not heard of Manda Scott but recently saw her with Douglas Jackson at the Bloody Scotland 2013 event, mainly talking about her Roman work, and acquired this story as a taster. I have only a basic knowledge of Norse History and loved the fact that the Arne, son of Thole, and his people are fighting to repel the new 'Christians'. Religion has ever been the battle ground! Scott grips you from the first page and makes you feel you are part of the events. Short storytelling is a real skill and Scott's writing is first class. Looking forward to reading more of her work.
VINE VOICEon 27 July 2013
What can I say about this that I haven't already said before - I do not like to reveal any of the plots - that is up to the reader to do; all I can say is I thoroughly recommend all of this lady's work!
on 31 August 2014
Ok not as good as her novels and other short stories. Seems to lack something it doesn't quite engage your interest
on 12 April 2016
Bit frustrated that it was only a short story really wanted to know what happened next