Customer reviews

1,882
Size: 4 Heatpipes|Style: Hyper Series|Colour: Hyper 212 Evo|Change

on 1 April 2017
This is my favourite design of heat sink - when the air flows through the fins they will not clog up with dust (downward facing designs always clog up and need cleaning regularly). It's as heavy as you would imagine, but stays seated securely on my vertically mounted motherboard.

Comes with paste + brackets to attach a second fan (not supplied) to the other side.

Cooling performance is good, my CPU runs at around 35 ℃ most of the time. During extreme processing I set the fan to go to full speed at 80℃, and the temperature has never gone over ~80℃. Noise at top speed just sounds like a fan robustly going fast - not too noisy, but clearly audible. The sound of air flowing through the fins contributes some of the noise. During normal use, web browsing etc. I cannot hear the fan at all.

I wanted Intel clips - I don't like installing mounting brackets, and this design can be installed on a motherboard that is already seated - but be warned that the mounting instructions are useless, they look exactly like Intel's original instructions from 10 years ago, and it's not intuitive how the clips work. I will add some words to go with the diagrams you will receive.

There are four holes on the motherboard surrounding the CPU mount - the clips on this cooler are supposed to simply push through the holes, but there's often one or two that just won't go in properly. This might help... .

1. After installing your CPU, follow Cooler Master's instructions on paste (i.e. spread a thin film of paste over the top of the CPU etc.). Make sure you're working with the motherboard horizontal - you can work vertically but it's much more difficult.
2. Make sure that the BLACK push-pin handles are fully UP before you try to put the heat sink on, don't worry about twisting them, but if you want to, twist them anticlockwise. Just make sure they are fully up, otherwise the pin cannot fit through the hole.
3. Carefully line up so that each of the pins is over a hole in the motherboard.
4. Choose any corner - gently lower the WHITE arrow head part of the pin through - and only after the white part is through the hole, push the BLACK handle down and twist - it inserts a pole through the centre of the WHITE arrow head, pushing the sides apart and locking it in place (you will hear a click). Never push down with huge force, if it doesn't go down - you missed, pull up the black handle and start over. You don't want to break the motherboard - most motherboards are designed to bend a little and are amazingly strong and flexible, but it should not require huge force.
4. Next do the diagonally opposite corner, followed by the final 2 corners. Expect the 2nd and 3rd pin to be hardest to insert.
5. If any corner pops out, go back, pull up the black handle and try again - do not worry about smearing your heat sink paste - it's a thin film of paste and won't do any harm if you put the right amount on - eventually it's supposed to fill all the microscopic gaps between the CPU surface and heat sink surface, but not run over any important parts.
on 1 March 2016
I have a 5 year old Intel I7 980X Extreme processor it was the first Hex core cpu you could get and it cost me nearly £700 i seem to remember, Fantastic cpu, but alas as time has gone on the Intel Cpu fan that came with it has sounded louder and louder, so after much research I decided to chance one of these

Getting any information on whether it would fit my motherboard( Asus Sabertooth X58) was a bit hard since the Board is over 5 years old(ancient in computer terms)

Encoding a Blu-Ray To Apple TV 3 Preset in Handbrake my Cpu with the Intel Cooler would Basically Hit 96-98c (100 is the Shutdown) Very worrying and it sounded like a 747 Taking off

On to the 212 Evo Encoded a Blu Ray to Apple TV 3 Preset in Handbrake last night with the cooler installed, Never went over 58c and I couldnt hear the Fan at all.

I would say the Fan was extremely Easy to fit , I didn't need to take the Motherboard out of the case (NZXT Phantom full tower) just put the backing plate onto the motherboard, get my Girlfriend to put through the correct screws, tighten them up with the supplied nuts.

Then put some thermal paste onto the cpu (i used the supplied stuff) adjust the mounting strut to 1366(my cpu type) mount the cooler(after removing the plastic underneath) then fit the strut tighten her up using a star pattern.

That was it basically took me 10 minutes to install and no swearing in the process.

Job done and extremely pleased with the results

oh before i forget no problem with space around my cpu,

My Specs are

Asus X58 Sabertooth TUF Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard
Intel Core i7 980X 3.33GHz (Gulftown) Extreme Edition (Socket LGA1366)
OCZ Gold Low Voltage 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-16000C10 2000MHz Triple Channel
NZXT Phantom Enthusiast Full Tower Case
review image
on 5 May 2016
Very Good CPU cooler this should be aimed for beginners that are buying a new CPU and not wanting to overclock or very light overclocking. This cooler is not made for heavy overclocking, but I like the fact you can add an extra fan to it. I changed the fans to Corsair quite fans then hooked them up to a fan controller. I mean you can’t expect a lot for the price but will suit all beginner and replacement stock coolers needs. I bought this before for my dad's build a few years back and suited him very well. It is a pain to set up as the heat sink covers up the screws but it’s not impossible.

This was a quick buy until I make up my mind on what air cooler I want, which most likely be a Noctua D15 because I loved my D14 before I went to water. The buy is because as I am stepping away from water which was in my old HAFX case including AIO. Why no water? it is because I'm in the middle of a PC upgrade where I bought myself a Define R5 case, which I don't want to open up the top to keep things nice and quiet. To be honest, the last cooler I did buy was a AIO H105i for this build. It was delivered to me completely broken and rather than ask for a replacement it made me rethink my build, so this was a temporary decision.

The temps I give you are pretty useless as everyone has different setups (cases, CPUs, and Bios settings) all I say is that I have an FX8350 and it has a very light overclock (4.3 Ghz). Writing this review and watching youtube videos its 32 Degrees, With a CPU burner, its hovers around 49 - 51 and the room temp is 21.
review image review image review image
on 22 August 2016
The Cooler Master Hyper 103 is a great, cheap CPU Fan. Priced at £19.99 (Purchased from Amazon Prime NOW app) it actually cools down my AMD Athlon 860K clocked at 4.3GHz as good as a Corsair Hydro Unit.

First the CM Hyper 103 says it needs 158.5mm space to install, my PC case, an AEROCOOL VS-1 says I can only fit 155mm. I managed to fit this into my case with a lot of room left over, barely even near the PC case side.

My temperatures on stock Athlon cooler were 48C Idle. I am now getting 22C Idle on this.
Temperatures while gaming, FFXIV Ultra are stable at 33C using the CM Hyper 103.
Stock temperatures were 65C while gaming.

I think its fair to say this is a brilliant product. Make sure it fits into your case and also the Blue LED is pretty amazing.

As for noise, I can't give specifics but it is noticable MUCH quieter than Athlon stock cooler. I can barely even hear this Cooler.

Installation was super easy, took me 8 Minutes. You can find guides on Youtube for it but all screws and brackets are provided.

Thermal paste tube is included!

There you have it, if you need a CHEAP CPU cooler, get this. It fits just about every socket, including my Athlon 860K and even fits 2011-3 and 1151 socket now! amazing.

Go buy it.

Product page information:
[...]
review image review image review image
on 21 February 2017
Ok so I gave this a 5 star rating and this mainly comes down to what you get for your money - I bought this to replace the standard Intel CPU cooler on my Skylake i5 which was horrendously loud. Given that my CPU was a non-overclockable one I plumped for a budget solution which is really all you will need. I just dont get the fascination with huge coolers and water cooling on non-overclocked chips.

Anyway the cooler is nice and quiet and the fan that you see on the picture can be taken off and in my case I moved it up slightly so that it now fits nicely above my RAM slots - CPU temps are well within good levels although pretty much any cooler can keep non K chips cool so nothing groundbreaking there.

The clips are slightly fiddly to get in compared to the nice and easy slotting Intel but with a bit of care and application you can get those satisfying clicks on all 4 corners as the hooks engage on the other side of the mobo. Would have lost half a star for this but due to the cheap price this is acceptable.

You also get a bracket for another fan and a small tube of Cooler Master's own brand thermal paste which should be good for a few applications. Remember thermal paste lasts a long time (years and years) and as long as you don't contaminate it you should be fine with resetting the cooler as and when you need to (i.e. to change ram modules in my case). It's not complicated and again too many people make it more complicated than it needs to be - but hey that's the PC crowd for you.

I bought this for under a tenner from Amazon warehouse, unused although box was a bit tatty. If you can find it for a tenner than I recommend this. Otherwise any decent cooler will do. Try the Arctic which is about £7. Remember CPUs are built to last and built to go up to around 95 degrees so unless you're overclocking you'll never reach those temps so ANY cooler will keep your cpu at a good temp. BUT the sound/quietness is a different matter and this is where you need to do some research.
on 5 May 2016
Highly recommend and inexpensive aftermarket cooler. The accessories included are more than I needed with a bracket to mount another fan, a few additional screws, and cooler master thermal paste. The cooler is decently sized and fits my mATX build with quite some clearance. It's also a very flexible cooler, the mounting bracket can be adjusted to fit most motherboards. I used this cooler for my very first build, I hadn't built a PC before. With that being said, I had a hard time installing the cooler as the screws on the opposite side kept popping out while doing the other side; I didn't want to put too much pressure on the cooler to secure the screw but I eventually said screw it, and did. Thankfully, this never caused any problems and the cooler is doing a great job. It is super quite and keeps my CPU (i5 6600K @3.8 GHz) at 35 degrees celsius while idle.
on 19 April 2017
This is a monster of a cooler, only just fits inside my PC case. It was also a bit more difficult to install than I was originally anticipating (mainly as the stock AMD fitting on the motherboard just wasn't coming off.) But once I got it installed, it was well worth the effort.

With the stock cooler, my AMD Phenom ii X4 965 BE was easily reaching 70-80c whilst exporting a video, usually overheating and causing a computer crash in the process. With this one, it rarely gets to 50c no matter what I'm doing.

The other thing that I like about this cooler, is the fact that it can have two fans on it (it does only come with one, but they do supply the mounting brackets for a second) and I would say it's worth it. It keeps the CPU 3 or 4c cooler, plus it helps drastically with the airflow in the case. In a smaller computer this can block the airflow from the front of the case towards the back but adding in a second fan sorted this out.

Definitely more of a cooler for a larger computer case, but this thing does what it says on the tin, and it does it very very well.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 October 2016
I've bought this fan for the majority of the PCs i've built for myself or others. It's cheap, reliable, and isn't too loud (better than stock at least). It is quite large, but it fits into all of the mid-sized tower cases that i've worked with (i'd imagine most of the popular recommendations will be compatible with it). I've installed it on AMD and intel chips, with no issue (instructions are included which detail both).

I always recommend this to people when asked about potential PC builds and will continue to. If you're on a budget, this is my go-to recommendation. If it's your first time building a PC, there are plenty of YouTube guides which will detail the process for this specific cooler (so please check them out in advance). Also just double check you have enough clearance in the case to accomodate this, otherwise you might need to look at a (more expensive) low profile cooler.
on 10 May 2016
here r the full specs
CPU Socket Intel Socket:
LGA 2011-3* / 2011* / 1366 / 1156 / 1155 / 1151 / 1150 / 775

AMD Socket:
FM2+ / FM2 / FM1 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2+ / AM2
CPU Support Intel:
Core™ i7 Extreme / Core™ i7 / Core™ i5 / Core™ i3 / Core™2 Extreme / Core™2 Quad / Core™2 Duo / Pentium / Celeron

AMD:
FX-Series / A-Series / Phenom™ II X4 / Phenom™ II X3 / Phenom™ II X2 / Phenom™ X4 / Phenom™ X3 / Athlon™ II X4 / Athlon™ II X3 / Athlon™ II X2 / Athlon™ X2 / Athlon™ / Sempron™
Dimension 120 x 80 x 159 mm (4.7 x 3.1 x 6.3 in)
Heat Sink Dimensions 116 x 51 x 159 mm (4.6 x 2.0 x 6.3 in)
Heat Sink Material 4 Direct Contact Heat Pipes / Aluminum Fins
Heat Sink Weight 465g (1.03 lb)
Heat Pipes Dimensions ø6mm
Fan Dimension 120 x 120 x 25 mm (4.7 x 4.7 x 1 in)
Fan Speed 600 – 2,000 RPM (PWM) ± 10%
600 – 1,600 RPM (PWM) ± 10% (EU Version)
Fan Airflow 24.9 – 82.9 CFM ± 10%
24.9 – 66.3 CFM ± 10% (EU Version)
Fan Air Pressure 0.3 – 2.7mm H2O ± 10%
0.3 – 1.7mm H2O ± 10% (EU Version)
Fan Life Expectancy 40,000 hrs
Fan Rated Current 0.22A
0.19A (EU Version)
Power Consumption 2.64W
2.28W (EU Version)
Fan Weight 104g (0.23 lb)
EAN / UPC Code RR-212E-20PK-R1: 4719512032701 / 884102012921
RR-212E-20PK-R2: 4719512035054 / 884102012921
RR-212E-16PK-R1(EU Version): 4719512032701 / 884102012921
on 6 February 2017
I wanted a CPU cooler and my case (Thermaltake Versa H15) wouldn't allow a Hyper 212 Evo. As this came with the fitting for my motherboard/CPU attached (intel only) I thought this would save time with installation.

The diagrams in the user manual weren't overly helpful. To fit the cooler you simply have to push the legs down while seated in the motherboard holes. There is no way to lock them you just push down. It can take some force but easiest way to check it to see that the black pins are showing on the other side.

If you have to fit any cables or parts around where the cooler once installed in the case then be careful. The fin stacks are sharp and will cut your hand to shreds. The little blood mark on my cooler and very cut hand is a testament to trying to fit the protected IO cover which screwing the motherboard down.

Once in the cooler does an amazing job of keeping the CPU cool. Im using a non overclocked i3 6100 but it keeps it very cool on a standard fan curve.

If you cant afford or fit a Hyper 212 Evo then get one of these if you have an intel CPU. Only 4 stars due to the fiddly nature of installing based on the not so great instructions enclosed, oh and drawing my blood :)