Customer reviews

The plus points:
It's small
Easy to use
Nice carry case
Not too expensive test strips.
Negatives
It's not fit for purpose. It's like a random number generator, with vast differences in blood glucose readings, even when using the same drop of blood.
I have wasted my money on this product and have now had to buy a more accurate reader.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 February 2017
inaccurate. It reads my blood sugar readings nearly 1 point higher then my other meter
review image
on 14 February 2017
Used daily for a couple of months. Gives Identical to NHS readings. Started at 7.9 now I'm 2 stone lighter last reading 5.1. After 3 months I'm no longer type 2 diabetic. ✅
on 25 June 2017
After getting unclear reading with urine strips went for this meter due to good reviews. I was wary of having to prick my finger but need not have been - painless (you feel it but doesn't hurt at all). Kit is well made and designed; has everything you need and also gives 7, 14 and 30 day averages as well as recording date time and reading. A godsend for me as the feedback helped me manage my type 2 diabetes which I was struggling to bring down having risen dangerously high from my doctors review. Now thankfully under control and will remain so.
Prompt delivery and ten starter strips. Recommend you buy spares at same time or order after trying on first day.
on 29 May 2017
Love this item, Its simple, easy to use and has good features if you read the instructions and set it all up first. Even if you ignore all that and just jump right in it will tell you what you need to know. As I did :) after a couple of days. I decided to read the instruction set everything up and delete all previous results. So that I can use the 7 day, 14 day and 30 average.
To delete readings (Which I couldnt find in the book) you press the left arrow to get to whatever reading you want. Then press both arrows at the same time for 3-5 seconds until you see "DEL" on the screen. Then press the on\off button for 3-5 seconds, the device with turn off for a second then come back on ready for you to delete any other reading.
on 29 July 2016
As The National Health no longer provide test strips for type 2 diabetics this is an affordable option for regular testing. The machine is very good I have had one for some years and is good value for money. The strips are a reasonable cost and if used properly are well within industry standards. I quote from the American Diabetes Association MAgazine "Blood glucose levels vary from minute to minute, and from body part to body part. It is not unusual to see a difference of plus or minus 15 to 20 percent from one reading to another, and this is generally considered the industry standard for blood glucose meters. When meters are reading greater differences, it is time to evaluate other issues such as the integrity of the strips, the cleanliness of the skin, and the technique of obtaining a drop of blood and correctly placing it on the strip." I am very happy with the results and monitoring regularly has brought my HB1AC down from over 7.5 to 6.5. The other element is the DVLA guidelines where a person driving with low blood sugar (between 4 - 5 mmol/L) caused by tablets or Insulin can be charged with driving under the influence of a drug. So you need to be aware of your blood sugar when driving.
on 8 January 2017
Very happy with the machine especially like the lance device has a gauge so it doesn't stab u so hard and it only need a small sample to get a result.
It has a slightly lower results than my other machine but I don't know which one is correct but it's not much in it
on 26 September 2016
I wasn't too sure what to expect as a new diabetic (type 2) wanted to self monitor but I saw people on the main [...]website talking about it in the forums and suggesting it was quite cost effective so I went for it.

I thought it was a load of info to read - I hate reading blurb - but finally got it figured out. They supply around 10 lancets and reading strips so best order more before you run out! I found the blood taking surprisingly painless - I convinced myself it would hurt - a lot - but sometimes I worry that it was so painless it didn't work! I use a 1.5 setting but I could probably take this down to a 1 setting on my little finger because I feel it and it bleeds more than it needs to - whereas my thumb must have thicker skin and would benefit from a higher setting because I couldn't get enough blood out.

I find that i just place the strip inside the machine and it turns on automatically - I then use the lancet and place the strip gently on top and it automatically draws up the small spot of blood inside the machine. I've only had 1 time where next to no blood came out and I tried it - but it came up with an error (not enough blood)!. All in all a marvellous gadget and delighted with my purchase :-)
on 25 February 2017
Does what it says on the box for a lot cheaper than most other monitors. Am newly diagnosed type two and trying to get my head around things. This is helping a lot.
on 19 May 2016
With it's clear instructions and ready to use immediately. The Codefree Blood Glucose monitor, does exactly what I need it to do.

The Device.

It's really simple to use, turn it on to check your previous blood glucose results and turn off with the iPod esk like simply 3 button interface. When you want to take a reading. Insert the strip according to the instructions, firstly into the monitor, then after pricking your skin, gently slide the sensor strip into the blood. The blood is drawn into the test strip, in a similar way to a kitchen towel drawing up water. And after the counter goes from 5 downwards to 0 the results are displayed.

The case.

The monitor is really portable, around the size of a iPhone 4s, but a fraction deeper. The case holds the lance, extra needles for the lance. A nice airtight pot for the test strips, so they arn't exposed to the moisture. Annother attachment or the lance and a test strip calibration tool, for checking the monitor is working. Everything neatly in it's place, like a good set of tools :0)

Conclusion.

I am more than pleased with the Codefree monitor. I am given the clear information, I need to keep my Diebeties in check. What my blood glucose level is at, and the additional allert features features, are very helpful.

I have already contacted a few friends about this, especially one friend who's hypoglycaemic. As the hypoglycaemic, allert feature, is very useful to have. Along with the event alarm.

:0)