on 10 July 2013
This product is good and does the job well however they would not fit into the downlight fittings my client had. I had to modify the retainer rings of the downlights. Easy enough for me, and the result was very satisfactory but may not be a straight forward swap if you have the same type of down light as I had to work with. As an economical replacement though, they will be very good. I replaced 3 for her, so that's 6 Watts of energy against 150 Watts. She can run these for a whole day against 1 hour previously. The light is good, she's a happy bunny.
on 15 January 2018
Good quality glass GU10 LED light bulbs giving a bright 40 watt equivalent. Had no problem fitting them into the holder and applying the retaining spring and were an excellent replacement for similar bulbs I had purchased from this firm many years ago.
on 9 August 2013
I purchase these three off these bulbs cutting a fixture that used 150 watts down to around 6 watts I can tell you they are great they are bright they may be more expensive than standard bulbs but the money I will save in electric makes up for it I am very happy with this purchase I recommend these bulbs and the seller is first class bulbs are well made and are great quality.
on 25 November 2014
I have 2 different types of spotlight holders. I had to doctor both for these bulbs to fit ( nipping of a little the metal nibs that hold the bulb in). Once doctored, the bulbs fit okay and work as they're supposed to...
on 11 April 2013
Had these bulbs in my garden lights now for a few weeks and they are perfect for that. Bright and warmer than the old halogens at a fraction of the running cost (420W down to 24W). I can now afford to leave them on without worrying about the electricity bill. Time will tell how long they last but at this price they are worth a punt.
Just check the dimensions for your fitting as these are slightly taller than GU10 halogens but fortunately just fit my spot light fittings. They say they are internal use only but I'm guessing they will be fine provided they go into a sealed or weatherproof unit.
on 1 November 2013
These bulbs provide a very similar level of soft glow as the old GU10 non LED lights; we are very happy with this product and will be buying more of the same.
on 9 November 2014
So far so good - they are bright and fit perfectly. Whether they last for ages only the ages can tell.
on 17 August 2013
The individual cluster of lights protrude out beyond the normal flat profile making fitting in the holder more difficult. A pair of pliers were needed to flatten 2 flanges in the fitting. Once done they are fine.
on 25 February 2015
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 February 2013
Superb value for money - but why on earth does this stupid recommendation system require me to write more words than I need to