on 18 July 2011
I bought this as a gift for my friends nine year old son. It looked really good and was a very good price, it arrived on the date given. Im really pleased and it was greatly appreciated by the recipient. I am so pleased and impressed with my purchase that I am tempted to order some of the other boxed sets as christmas gifts.
on 11 January 2013
Please note that this is apparently the same product as "Horrible Histories Collection 20 Books Set Pack" (ASIN: B0043MCH5M). Unfortunately, I bought both for my niece in the UK (I live in Switzerland). She told me this and will now give the second box to a friend of hers.
It is not possible to see this as there are different pictures of the box and the numbers do not correspond (one is tagged with the ASIN-n°, the other with its ISBN-n°).

The books themselves are still great - but I think customers would appreciate to see that these two Collection Packs are the same.
on 21 November 2008
When the kids are too tired to read, or it is too late to read to them, these CDs provide a lovely alternative. The info is factual and funny, irreverent and informative. My 8-year old boy loved it for a couple of years (before he really got in to reading proper books for himself).
on 19 January 2013
I bought this for my 6 year old as a christmas present - he's recently shown an interest in the TV programme and really wanted to read the books. He absolutely loves them - the complete set is a great idea as the books cost aout £3.00 - 4.00 each, so it's the cheaper way of getting your hands on them.

The books themselves are great - they are a bit old for him at the moment, but are perfect for reading together. It won't be long before he is ready them on his own.

In terms of content, they are brilliant and really bring history to life in a fun and interesting way. If your kids have seen the programme, they will love the books.

Delivery was fast and packaging perfectly so no damage was incurred to the product.

Brilliant and would thorougly recommend.
on 13 June 2013
I bought these books for a present for my son as he said he wanted them when he saw them on a leaflet that had been sent home from school. I thought on the leaflet they were very reasonably priced at £26 so when I saw that these were exactly the same I was very surprised. I expected there to be something wrong - book missing or box damaged so was thrilled when they arrived in excellent condition. The postage was very reasonable and they arrived in time for his birthday and he was thrilled to bits with them. A very good price and service would not hesitate to recommend and will certainly use this company again. Thank you.
on 25 August 2011
My sister and I love horrible histories so for her birthday I decided to buy some of the books for her. She loves them! Lovely presentation and all the classic horrible histories books.
on 17 February 2014
The Rotten Romans has always been one of my favourite Horrible Histories books, on a par with the Vicious Vikings. Considering I was a keen reader and I grew up in the golden age of contemporary children's fiction (Terry Deary, R. L. Stine and J.K. Rowling just for starters), that's not a bad accolade!

As always, Deary's writing does a great job of teaching you the history of one of the world's most fascinating civilisations, and it's got great visuals, too. I imagine there's even an audio book, so your kids are sorted whether they learn by reading, listening or looking. It doesn't get better than that.
on 17 June 2011
Bought these for 8yr old son birthday he absolutly loves them as do his 18yr old brother down to his 6yr old. Fantastic value for money and very entertaining, recommend the dvd too .
on 15 November 2014
Kids love these books, they devour them from start to finish. The text is funny; the information is presented in a way that makes it easy to remember.
on 30 December 2013
Love these. My eldest still watches the programmes and has seen the Horrible History tour, live on stage, so she's pretty familiar with them. The format of the series was actually very clever and it crosses that difficult divide between school and hometime, when trying to encourage your kids to carry on learning once schools out. It makes doing homework a darned sight more pleasurable for the kids and we all know how hard that can be to enforce.
Loads of 'horrible' information for the kids (and the big kids)!