2,291
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 May 2017
I haven't read a Rachel Abbot book yet that hasn't had me on the edge of my seat. Hugo Fletcher is found murdered in a compromising position and Detective Chief Inspector Tom Douglas is the one who investigates the series of events that unfolds. Hugo Fletcher appears to be an upstanding member of the community that helps struggling Eastern European prostitutes escape the grips of trafficking, but things are not as clear cut as they first appear. As Tom Douglas investigates the crime it becomes evident that there is more to this man than originally appears and he is hiding some very dark secrets. Tom has some very hard decisions to make throughout the book and we wait until the end to discover what his choices are.

I would highly recommend this book and indeed all others by this author.
on 22 August 2016
I cannot believe just how much of a powerful storyline this book has. All the twists and turns make you want to work out what happens next then you think you have, but it's nothing like you expected? A story that includes mental, emotional, physical & just about every other kind of abuse you could possibly think of? One of the people who have experienced it first hand, decides that enough is enough & vows to make it stop, whatever the cost? Along the way, learning more and more disturbing facts about a person she once loved and respected (until they were married?) I hated this person so much, I would have done the same to be honest?!! Everything about this story is brilliantly written, the characters, where events took place, the plotting and even the feelings of everyone involved, described perfectly! I am certainly going to be reading this whole series again, this time from the beginning? A short request to Rachel Abbott..... please don't stop writing about the adventures of Tom, a detective whose stories I could read again and again? Thank you ;-)) xx
on 11 March 2015
This was the first book I had read by this author and I was definitely not disappointed, the plot was well thought out and very clever and never gave anything away in respect of who the killer was, so kept me guessing right to the end. I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading her other books.
on 25 June 2017
Disappointing. This was the first book I'd read by this author. Whilst I did feel compelled to keep reading I did not like the style of writing where the author takes you to an earlier time through letters written by the main character. This added nothing to the plot and had virtually no content. I also found the ending completely unbelievable. I have given the generous rating of 3 stars because I finished the book - not the worst novel I have read but nowhere near the best and won't be reading any more by this author.
on 4 October 2014
This is second book I've read by Rachel Abbott and both have been brilliant.
I've had to continue reading to find out who did what and who killed Hugo. It's so well written and I intend to find the next book by this author.
If you like to read murder story where it's not all from the detective's view, read this.
on 6 June 2017
Only the Innocent is the first of the DCI Tom Dale series by Rachel Abbott and is a very powerful story of abuse and control and the murder of the main protagonist. Is murder ever justified even when it is to protect only the innocent.
A moral dilemma told set in this day and age.
Highly recommended.
on 4 May 2017
An interesting and enthralling read. A young woman falls in love with an older man who on the surface appears charming and a perfect gentleman. Although extremely rich he supports his charity saving east European girls trafficked for prostitution. But all is not as if seems.
on 11 April 2015
This is the second of Rachel Abbott's books that I have read. Thoroughly enjoyed Sleep Tight, and was eager to read her earlier stories

Few twists and turns here, which are to be expected. Characters have some complex stories to tell. And it is a good read. Some dark themes, which run through her books: mental abuse/domestic violence, child abuse to name a couple. On reflection, I wonder that I actually appreciate these page turners.... hmm :-)
on 24 June 2017
Bought this because I had read the sixth window which I really enjoyed,but this was far to long and tedious.I did finish it but it was a hard slog
on 3 March 2017
The author made this totally unbelievable story not only believable but terrifyingly real! Although from the beginning I thought I knew the killer, the plot was so cleverly woven that I had no idea if I was right until the very end.