Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 January 2014
This shredder replaced a run-of-the-mill shredder the likes of which you'll see in supermarkets and the DIY stores - OK for a couple of sheets of A4 but struggle with anything more.

This was not bought on a whim, not at this price and it's for home (rather than office) use. But I was so fed-up of my old shredder baulking at anything other than a couple of sheets of A4. So after much research I dived in.

What's to like?
---------------
Does what is says on the box. Just about. 13 sheets of A4 (as per the video review from another satisfied customer!) were chomped through effortlessly.

Quiet. Compared to my old shredder which sounded like I was digging up the road this is pretty much whisper quiet. Bliss. No disturbance to anyone so would be great in an office too. And it doesn't feel strained either.

Jam proof. Well, let's clear this up. If it gets stuck with the 22 invoices you've forced into the slot it will stop, show you the red (naughty) light, reverse the paper then try again - and I've never had it fail at this point so I'm *well* impressed!

Removable bin. No lifting off the head unit here. Just remove the bin to empty it. Or be real clever and line the bin with the supplied bags (or kitchen bin liners would do) and there's no confetti mess to clear up afterwards.

Movable on its four castors. That's a neat feature if you want to bring it closer to your desk, for example.

Dashboard lights telling you what's going on. So if the bin needs emptying the light for this will come on. The lights telling you how 'loaded' the machine feels as it chomps through your bank statements is just fantastic. You'll see what I mean when you get one.

Good length mains cable reaches across the floor to an under-desk socket, no trouble.

Did I mention how quiet the shredder was, even when chomping more than a dozen sheets of 80 gsm A4 paper? You can gather that this impresses me greatly.

What could be better?
---------------------
I had terrible trouble getting the castors onto the base. I had to exert considerable force to get one of the castors to seat (they 'click' into place). I can only assume that the plastic moulding was not perfect. My wife would NEVER have managed to do it (no sexist inference implied, but if it required all my six foot strength to get it seated that was too much). It would have been better if the castors had been fitted at the factory.

Stingy supply of bags (just three) came with the unit. OK, I knew this and bought the supply of 100 with it but I think they could have given ten with the machine.

Stingy supply of oil came with the unit. You're supposed to oil the shredder via the paper slot every time you empty the bin so the supplied oil was enough for a couple of bins. I knew this and bought the big oil bottle with the unit but they should have given more with the machine. It's not worth being mean here if you want the machine to last the many years it should. Be religious in your oiling to get good service.

But even these minor quibbles don't lose it a star.

Conclusion
----------
Certainly the best shredder I've ever owned and one that finally shreds a decent amount of paper in one go without complaining. I shredded all my year-end receipts and bank statements and it just romped through the lot. Absolutely fantastic. I can only recommend this for home use and small office use too.

Did I mention how quiet it was?

---

[If you found this review helpful please up-vote; if you didn't, don't down-vote - leave me a comment to help me improve this and my other reviews]
66 Comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 March 2017
Like everyone else, we have been accumulating bank statements, credit card statements, insurance documents and various other papers for last 10 years. We decided to do a clearout. However, identity theft was a concern for us. I found and purchased this shredder on Amazon. It is so silent that we could watch a movie...or two...or three while this beauty did it's job.
review imagereview image
on 19 March 2017
Arrived earlier than stated. Excellent product for my home use. I like the extra features especially the one that tells me if I am trying to put too much paper through at once. Always been a problem with previous shredders. Tells you that you can put 10 sheets through but if yiu are using thick paper clearly not any use. This one has a sensor that tells yiu when yiu have reached maximum thickness that the machine will take. Love the emergency stop in case of enquisitive fingers too. The wheels are handy for me to move it about from its storage corner to using area.
on 4 March 2017
This is a very well made product, extremely quiet, easy to empty, takes several pages at a go.
It replaced one that I had for quite a few years, but never oiled it, which proved fatal in the end.
So, this one should last forever as I'm oiling this one
on 11 November 2015
I rely write reviews but had to for this shredder. I took delivery of this item less than an hour ago and can only say it is the best shredder I have ever bought. I have a big pile of stuff that needs to go and so far it has eaten everything I have fed it. Too much and it tells you. It is also fast and quiet. I have had cheaper ones and also the Rexel 100 sheet as I needed a big capacity but it was rubbish. You put the sheets in the top loader but it is very temperamental.Sometimes it take some sheets and sometimes not. More often NOT. If you are looking for a really good machine then buy this one. I am delighted I did.
on 3 March 2017
Just great! Worth every pound! We love it and despite shredding hundreds of pages with this shredder we have had no worries and it makes very little noise which is a great plus in a small house like ours.
on 30 July 2017
exactly what I was expecting, extremely pleased
on 14 June 2017
Great for a small office.
on 14 May 2017
Great piece of equipment,simple to use and reasonably quiet
on 12 October 2017
Had it for 2 years now and its still solid. Recommended buy.