Targus TSB238EU Drifter Backpack Fits 16 inch Laptops - Black/Grey
Colour: Black|Style: Clamshell - Classic|Change

on 31 May 2017
This bag is a monster! 13 zipped pockets with more than enough room for a 15.5" laptop, it's peripherals and enough clothes for a weekend break away! I still had unused pockets as well. It's kind of like the TARDIS of backpacks with the amount of space it has in the main pocket and then it begins to become useful:

The hidden pocket in the rear waist pad, the soft lined mobile pocket next to the top carry handle, the metal reinforced carry handle and the rest of the vast collection of pockets, hidey holes and pouches! even as fully loaded as it was, it is a very comfortable bag to wear around. The only criticism is that the straps can loosen easily but a quick tug and you're good to go.

The material feels very strong and waterproof and I get the impression that this bag will give a long term of service, even one with a good few bumps and crunches. Very good value for money indeed.
on 13 June 2017
I was looking for another laptop backpack when my current one started to come apart at the scenes. I saw a grey panelled Targus backpack that looked ideal and was £50. On that amazon listing was a link to the red panelled version at £25. It wasn't clear whether the only difference was the colour, but I thought I'd take a chance on the cheaper version. When it arrived I was extremely pleasantly surprised. It's well made - as you'd expect from Targus. There are pockets and pockets and pockets to spare. The stated capacity is 32L. It's amazing value. If you're worried about the red, it's not as bright as it appears on the photo. It's more of a dark raspberry red. This is a lot of high quality bag for a bargain price.
on 7 May 2017
I have used Targus rucksacks for work for several years, they have plenty of space for food and drink and all my other bits and pieces such as Sat-Navs gloves tablets Etc. This one is amazing value for money and I would thoroughly recommend it. If there is any problem it has too many pockets and I have to get used to where I have put what, as trying to find things with one hand while I'm driving isn't easy. Otherwise its robust and rugged yet stylish.
on 23 June 2016
I normally love Tagus bags but I am seriously disappointed by this one. Used it for the first time today and the stitching in the shoulder strap has broken already and is coming away with use this will only get worse . Not up to usual Targus standards - this appears to be a fault with this bag judging by the posts here
review image
on 3 August 2017
Really well made, plenty of zipped compartments, and when it is full (eventually) the straps are strong and secure..
The bag, easily swallowed my entire mobile office, which includes 16"laptop, mains charger cable, wireless keyboard and mouse in the original boxed packaging, laptop riser stand, and two Skype headsets including the hard case, plus space for lunch box, and hard back diary... Delivery was just as impressive.. Highly recommended
on 19 August 2017
Bag is great, but sadly I have to report 2 things.

1/ I have only had the bag for about two months and it's had a few magazines in it and a brolly so far... and the strap on the right side has frayed ALL the way down the length, looks awful.

2/ the straps are too short, the bag rides a little high for my liking.

Other than those issues, I have to be honest the rest of the bag design is great and I can tell the materials are high quality... maybe I had a dud.

anyone know how I report this to Targus?
on 7 April 2017
Slightly on the large side but plenty of zips and pockets to put everything in. I wanted a bag big enough for papers, laptop, lunch and gym stuff. All fits with room to spare! But it is still on the large side....small rucksack buyers beware! Very tough bag and soft pocket at the top for your phone, which his very handy...lot of bag for £20...
on 12 June 2017
plenty of pockets that open wide (easy to reach inside)
laptop (15.6" display) can easily fit + more equipment
number of pockets inside pockets to separate items (keys, wallets, passports etc)
decent padding on back
small pocket for phone. nice smooth coating so not to scratch phone, but not bit hard to reach if you have it there while the pack is on your back.
"water resistant" although I do have a separate "back pack cover"

cons:
i can see some threads from the side of the straps already (nothing too worrying but not good for a brand new item)
on 18 April 2017
I absolutely love this bag i use this bag for my work as i work in i.t it carries my macbook air and chargers plus loads of extra storage for books or lunch and other useful items. The straps are good and thick and this has a padded bottom of the back so it does not dig into your back. it has useful pockets each side for water bottle. At this price at 20 pound when i bought it and the name also Targus i would definitely recommend anyone to buy this bag.
on 21 June 2017
Mixed feelings about this bag. On the plus side its a great size with plenty of well thought out storage. However, it simply is not built to last. My first one started to rip around the straps in less than a year and Amazon were great at sending me a replacement free of charge. That one has lasted 18 months with the front pocket now slowly ripping away from the rest of the bag. This wasn't cheap and I'd expect better. My replacement will be from a different company.