Customer reviews

on 1 May 2013
beautiful recipes, I can't wait to try out the bread recipes. I have long been a fan of scandinavian food and flavours. I have so far had a few of the open sandwich suggestions (the goat cheese, radish and rosehip was amazing!), and have also made the potato and egg salad and the cottage cheese with beetroot. Everything tastes really fresh and balanced, and most of it is very healthy as well. If your only experience of scandi food is Ikea's meatballs and Daim cake, you should buy this book if only for the daim bar cake recipe in here, as well as to try some much yummier scandinavian food! A lot of the recipes in here are actually fairly quick to knock up as well, and there are lots of really lovely breakfast and brunch ideas as well. This book is going to be one of those that is hardly ever on the shelf in my house...
4 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 December 2013
I love anything Scandinavian, and the cooking is no different. Some lovely mouth watering recipes. A bit unusual some of them, and some of the ingredients a bit difficult to find, but yummy all the same. A great book for those wanting to try something different.
on 5 January 2014
I am a massive fan of Scandi food and this book is simply fabulous. Something fresh, something new and different - my in-laws were very impressed on Boxing Day when I provided a main, 2 sides and a dessert from the book. Beautiful.
One person found this helpful
on 16 January 2014
If you love your chocolates and desserts then look no further. I have a Norwegian sister in law and she loved this book and it's a nice taste of home
on 5 December 2016
As new . Very good book
on 17 January 2013
This is an excellent introduction to Scandinavian baking - particularly those delicious pastries which are often disappointing when bought from a British bakery. Much better fresh.
One person found this helpful
on 15 February 2016
One of the best Scandi food writers who understands us Brits and blends that into lovely Nordic food!!!!
on 23 May 2013
I love this book . Very useful, Gave me some great ideas. Brought back childhood memories with the family..Loved it.
on 7 June 2017