on 8 August 2014
Advised by Dr to wear shoes with arch support (policeman's heel). Found these on amazon and liked the idea of reflexology even though never visited a practitioner. At first could barely walk in them as the nobbly bits really do press into soles of feet. Instructions say you need to build-up usage but not that specific about timings (guess its down to each individual) but now, 2 week's later, I can stand on them for an hour or so and I do feel as though getting some benefit however it is still early days. Not sure how long it will take to build-up for extended wear and feel like I need to buy something more suitable for general wear so these could prove to be expensive mistake. But on the whole I like them and my husband is thinking about getting some too.

AUG 2015 - UPDATE. It's like walking on stickle bricks (if anyone remembers them?) so whilst I eventually got used to walking in them and could stand still for a couple of hours at a time unfortunately my skin became quite hard and was weird as never before had exposed my arches to any surface. The vinyl straps also looked really shabby after about 6 months but as I only wear at home not too much of a problem. Heel pain problem has started to resolve itself since I stopped wearing them so it turns out they are a pretty expensive mistake aferall!
on 23 January 2015
My feet are a little bigger than a UK10 but not quite a UK11. I'm going to see how I get on with them as I tried them in Winter and my feet are usually a little smaller in the colder days! I've been using other footwear with "ridges" for many years and after a short period of discomfort I really enjoy wearing them. I'm hoping the same will be true of these as I can no longer get my previous favourites. UPDATE: After a month of wearing I am very happy with them. The size is perfect and the comfort is very good.
on 24 November 2013
I was starting to suffer from plantar fasciitis in my right heel and was desperate to find a comfortable shoe to relieve it. When introduced to this sandal at my local Happy Feet store I thought they were nuts, but started to listen to the other customers who were shopping and their recommendations. I tried them in the store and was assured that I could return them if I hated them. It took a few days of wearing them to get over the initial sensation of discomfort and now I'm HOOKED! I not only wear them as slippers around the house every day but I pretty much wear them all the time. I bought the brown leather thong flip flops and since I live in Florida where we mostly live in sandals, I'm in them constantly. I want to buy another pair in white with the pink bottoms and use those as my slippers and the brown for outside wear. I can't believe what a difference they have made in my foot pain. I have high arches and the high arch in the foot bed supports me in that regard while also massaging my heals. The only time I find them uncomfortable is if I am standing for any length of time in one place with them on. So as long as I am moving about they feel terrific. I highly recommend this sandal to anyone who needs high arch support and wants to benefit from the massaging nubs.
on 10 April 2014
I have Plantar Fasciitis and needed something to wear around the house that would support my arches. These sandals are not cheap but they are well made and are extremely comfortable. They have helped me immensely and I would strongly recommend them to anyone who needs additional support.
on 29 July 2013
I had a pair of these sandals 25 years ago and they are as good, and as well-made as ever. Be careful of the size you order however. If you refer to the Amazon sizing chart you will see that e.g. for women - UK 9 is EU 42 is US 11, whereas for men UK 9 is EU 43 is US 10. The actual sizes of these sandals are based on the woman's sizing chart, in which EU 43, for instance is shown as UK 10., If you know your usual EU size, I suggest using that as the accurate baseline and order the UK size equivalent to that in the dropdown box. Kenkoh's own sizing chart does not differentiate between men and women at all, and men are likely to be confused to see the suggested US equivalent which seems to be 2 sizes too large. Kenkoh suggest as an alternative to measure your foot, but this does not work either. In my case my feet measure 27 cm. If I had ordered based on the Kenkoh chart, the sandals would have been 2 sizes too small. So make sure you get this right otherwise you will find yourselves paying more than £6 to send them back for exchange.
11 Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 January 2014
Since early '80's and over about 20 years past had purchased about 16 pairs of Scholl's Mens Exercise Sandals (blue rubber sole with white over strap). These were reasonably priced - probably about £22 / pair at today's prices and were comfortable to wear. Unfortunately Scholl seemed to have discontinued this product.

Thought the Kenkoh would have filled the gap but apart from being very expensive are also uncomfortable to wear - even after trying for 2 weeks. A very big disappointment !
on 23 March 2016
Very similar to Kenkoh sandals I bought in the 1980s and wore for many years but have never seen since. The strap across the foot feels softer and more comfortable when walking so I hope that it will be as durable as the original model. Having worn this type of sandal before, I was able to put them on and wear them for long periods straight away, both with and without socks, but would strongly advise new users to follow the instructions to get used to them by wearing for a few minutes a day. Any initial discomfort will soon disappear. I find the sandals extremely comfortable and relaxing, expensive but worth the money.

Kenkoh please note: It would be helpful if they were made and supplied in half sizes as I opted to go up to the nearest size larger and feel that my toes are not quite in the right place over the 'prongs'. Not uncomfortable, though. A wider range of colours and attractive styles to hold the heel when walking outdoors and driving would also be helpful.
on 15 May 2013
These sandals are very comfortable particularly if you like a gentle foot massage as you walk. Velcro fastening means that they can be adjusted to fit wider or more narrow feet.
on 24 August 2013
Very disappointed in these sandals; they have lasted less than 2 months with the strap coming away from the sole...its just glued on !!! my advice don't waste your money!!
on 2 January 2014
Had these for a few months now, whilst comfortable the black pvc coating on the straps has come off making the item look tatty. A very expensive item but lacking in both quality and durability.