on 19 April 2017
I purchased this lock in 2012. I have been fortunate that I have not had an attempt to steal my bike in that time. However today (April 2017) there was an attempt. The plastic at the base of the lock had been removed and there were a number a marks around the key mechanism. In addition the U part of the lock clearly has been subject to pressure to separate the two parts of the lock. There is some damage to my bike but the lock has prevented theft. I was also about to locate the hard plastic on the base and clip it back into place, so despite a view marks the lock is as good as new. I was reluctant to pay such a high price for a bike lock but it has now paid for itself.
on 15 April 2016
Its a monster and its 1.6Kg, but its the best and worth it for piece of mind - not that its a substitute for parking in
the wrong place or securing to the wrong strong point.
Comes with an excellent fitting to attach it to the bike, but I don't carry it around every ride, because of the weight.
Should be used with at least a good security cable (I have a Kryptonite) to secure front wheel & saddle and so far,
nobody has bothered to "Have a go" at it.
At the end of the day, an opportunist thief, will look at it and try and take the bike next door - IMHO.
on 13 May 2015
Mega secure lock - the design is really well thought out and rebustly built. I saw a side-by-side destruction test between this and the Kriptonite equivalent a few years back - this one won in every category easily - well worth the extra money.

I especially like the little sprung doors on the key hole and how the metal bar itself has a square cross-section so that even if it is cut you can't twist the lic off and remove the bike. Very cleverly thought out!
on 10 October 2015
Extremely good lock. My son's bike is at least safe from all but the most determined of thieves. He uses this with a long string chain that goes through the wheels too.

Peace of mind is priceless, I only wish he'd used this the day he left his soon to be stolen bike worth £2000+ in Norwich city centre.
on 21 May 2014
My only comment is that I bought the longer size and its really a bit too big. The shorter size is more than adequate. The longer size has only proven usefull when locking the bike to a fence. Not a good idea as the fence is much weaker than the lock, but it was the only choice at the time.
on 9 June 2013
I bought this lock after going through numerous reviews on the net. It is very strong and sturdy, I can't get it around my seat tube and the back wheel however it will go round the seat or chain stays and the wheel and, combined with a Cable lock to protect the front wheel etc. I find it very secure. It's narrow enough to prevent anyone getting a bottle jack or similar in there to try and force it open.

As has been said on here many times, if the bike thief has come equipped and is determined they will probably take your bike, but this will deter the opportunist thieves which account for the majority of bike thefts.
on 25 May 2014
what more can I say? I bought this rather than the Kryptonite because a thief would have to drill twice, as it has a double locking mechanism. Also, the bracket works, which they don't apparently on the Kryptonite. I'm sure it has a marginally better security rating too (though don't take my word for it). It doesn't look as pretty and I'm not sure the plastic casing will last forever.
on 12 October 2015
I use Amazon all the time but this is my first review. I ordered this at 7am and it was delivered same-day at 6pm! I didn't even select same-day delivery and paid nothing for delivery (Prime).

As for the lock? Well it's super high quality. Very sturdy. Excellent size and really not as heavy as expected. When ordering it was difficult to guage if 23cm or 30cm was the right size. I went for 23cm and it's fine for securing bike main post, rear wheel and secure anchor point together.

The mounting bracket included comes with several sleeves for fixing to virtually any point on the bike.
on 23 September 2014
Bike thief hate it so I can only do the opposite. I have been using these on a daily basis on bike and I have never had a problem since then. Previously, I used to be quite negligent and buy cheap locks oh boy those londoners taught an expensive lesson. I call my lock never again (to be used in pair with the o ring lock from the same make)
on 16 June 2015
I keep my bike in a side alley chained through a heavy security chain, and this D-Lock. Nobody's even tried to open it. The key operation is smooth and without troubles (and the D lock is kept outside day and night in all weather) and the lock with deter people from trying.