on 28 February 2017
I first heard the Scala & Kolacny Brothers Choir, when I heard their version of “Creep” in a trailer for the film “Love like Poison”. Although the song as it appears on the CD is a slightly different (and expletive free) version of the song to that which can be heard in the film, the track is unmistakably the “same” song and it is still good, and although I can see why they might put this version out on a CD, I am a little disappointed not to find the “film version” on it as this was my original attraction to their music and the reason why I bought the album .

Twelve of the fifteen tracks are cover versions and many will be familiar songs to listeners. The three non-cover version tracks (track 9 “Our Last Fight”, track 10 “Seashell”, track 11 “Masquerade (Of Fools)” are wonderful tracks and “Seashell” has become one of my favourite songs on the CD.

Generally a very relaxing album to listen to, it is a rewarding CD but not one that I could say was perfect for me. Like some others have commented, I find the piano accompaniment a little too prominent at times as the chords are not so much played but are hammered out at times – if that was the desired arrangement it is not one that always works for me unfortunately. Nevertheless I would say it is still a good CD.

01 Nothing Else Matters (Originally performed by Metallica)
02 Solsbury Hill (Originally performed by Peter Gabriel)
03 Champagne Supernova (Originally performed by Oasis)
04 Ironic (Originally performed by Alanis Morissette)
05 With or Without You (Originally performed by U2)
06 Everlong (Originally performed by Foo Fighters)
07 I Feel You (Originally performed by Depeche Mode)
08 Use Somebody (Originally performed by Kings of Leon)
09 Our Last Fight
10 Seashell
11 Masquerade (Of Fools)
12 Creep (Originally performed by Radiohead)
13 Smells Like Teen Spirit (Originally performed by Nirvana)
14 Yellow (Originally performed by Coldplay)
15 Viva La Viva (Originally performed by Coldplay)
on 3 May 2015
An unusual record of choral versions of contemporary rock music {partly). As a rock fan I got this when I heard Creep on the radio. This treatment of rock songs often falls flat on it's face, but this is an exception (except for one or two tracks which are dire). It is telling that their treatment of a couple of self penned tracks are as successful as Creep, which is quite an achievement.
2 people found this helpful
on 12 September 2014
This is such a beautiful album. Generally speaking, I'm not usually into choral work but this is stunning. There are various gorgeous covers on here of which 'Creep' is just amazing. However, the original tracks are excellent. 'Our Last fight' is one of the best things I've heard in a while - it's beautiful, peaceful, deep and it just resonates. I want to sit with headphones on and listen to it over and over again. This album will help you forget the stresses and strains of the day.
2 people found this helpful
on 6 October 2014
I purchased this after hearing one of their songs on radio 2 (a cover of 'Creep') and wanted to hear more. They are a Belgian choir and this particular CD is mostly covers of songs by the likes of Nirvana, Coldplay, Alanis Morrisette to name a few.

The voices are haunting and beautiful as is the Piano and though I wondered when I would play the CD it seems whenever I feel reflective or just want to listen to loveliness!
on 24 October 2017
NOT BAD
on 11 January 2015
What a discovery! My dad of all people recommended this to me & I'm hooked! What a great idea to do covers of very well known songs in choral style. Love it!
on 8 September 2016
Good sound, but only a couple of outstanding versions I liked.
on 30 August 2014
Saw these guys live and they were incredible, and the album doesn't disappoint. Some great covers, all beautifully sung. Would definitely recommend this album.
on 2 March 2013
For people that do not know it its a great variation of songs that might be mainstream, but are sung in a child chorus, its lovely to hear
on 22 October 2015