Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.15

on 6 September 2015
Extremely funny, well-written book about a very simple topic. Reminds me of some of my favourite films, those foreign subtitled ones in which nothing ever happens and yet they are engrossing.... well, this is the same. It's a tale about a tale, and I was a bit irritated to read some other readers' reviews who whined 'nothing happens' or they 'expected more'.

That's the whole darn point. The point is in the telling of the story, about the telling of the story... we have all been there, and I couldn't stop laughing. I love Kindle Singles anyway but this was one of my favourites.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 November 2011
I laughed out loud several times during this story. It has a dark humor to it, nicely written in a very easy and droll way. As the narrator told his story, I felt his frustration, pain and even hatred about his wife and her infernal little anecdote, and I really shouldn't have been amused by this man's suffering. But I was.

This couple fight in a way only the long-married and long-suffering can do, with a kind of passive aggression that builds up anger and resentment on both sides. And as this husband approaches his breaking point, the reader is sitting there in a ringside seat, waiting to see just who would have the final word. I was very interested in how, or even if, this man would succeed in shutting his wife up. The author kept me completely hooked to the very end, which was delivered with a cleverly ironic twist.

This Kindle Single is a good laugh, just funny and smartly written. It'll probably take about fifteen minutes of your time, but it's well worth it.
on 21 January 2012
Richard wrote this story on a very fascinating premise that will strike a chord with a wide range of readers, especially husbands. It brings to mind the story Fortune Calls. And Chekhov's The Wife. My Wife's Story flows smoothly, with the the right choice of words used, an effective dialogue an and a pointed narrative.
on 5 August 2014
I really enjoyed this story. It was a great length for my commute into work on the train. The story was excellent and original and the ending wasn't what I expected. Good work Mr Babcock, I will seek out more of your stuff. Sean Fallon (@equiatic_bind).
on 30 July 2013
I would recommend this book to people who like unbelievable stories.
A brilliant story,the best but it's a short one.
on 7 June 2013
Story starts off promising but ended up being a real let down. Best thing about it was it was a short story.
on 12 October 2014
A really good and funny story. A great read.
on 4 August 2014