on 29 December 2011
This is what I was looking for. The HDMI end goes into the back of my Panasonic TV and the mini port goes into the side of my macbook air and the rest is history! No need for an extra cable for audio - this does image and audio. The long (3m) cable means I don't need an extension cable. Everything is perfect.

The only thing you need to do is go into preferences and change the sound so that it is the TV rather than the macbook.
22 Comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 March 2013
This adapter / cable works well and allows display of Macbook on the HDTV. I use a female to female HDMI connector also bought from Amazon to lengthen the cable by 1m
on 25 April 2017
I bought this cable so that I could watch movies streamed from websites to my Mac on a better resolution TV screen. It works absolutely perfectly, sound and picture quality are superb, lead is 3m which is lovely, packaging was also exceptionally clear and helpful regarding how to set up the lead.
on 25 February 2013
perfect for the job i needed, watching films via my macbook and getting audio without the use of external speakers.
on 1 June 2017
Connects mac book to computer monitor perfectly
on 1 September 2017
Hardly used it but necessary when you do.
on 4 May 2012
Cheap and carries full HD (1080/60p) with sound via the Thunderbolt/Multi port in my MacBook Air. Build seems solid and hasn't revealed any weaknesses (yet). Gold plated to avoid corrosion. Nothing bad to say, really.

EDIT: When you say "no problems yet" in a review, I believe you're supposed to do an update at some point. So, almost one-and-a-half year in, I'm pleased to say that I still have no problems with this cable. Granted, I don't use it on a daily basis (the HDMI end is always plugged in to my plasma, waiting for my (now refreshed 2013 version) MacBook Air to come around which it does sporadically), but it's still showing no weak points, and no wear nor tear.

EDIT2: Another update with 2014 coming to an end. My usage pattern has increased at it has been serving a new task for the last year, which is to live in my office, plugged in to an HDMI-2-DVI converter on my Samsung monitor there. I plug and unplug it at least once a day. It still hasn't failed, and it has yet to show any wear or tear. Much unlike a very short Thunderbolt to female HDMI adapter I bought at a later date which needed gaffer tape to stay together after about a month. This truly is a great cable.
on 23 July 2017
Cable worked as expected
on 30 August 2017
Well made, works well, reasonable price
on 7 August 2017