on 22 December 2017
Having read the reviews I expected this tape to be glossy but was pleasantly surprised to find that it is actually a silk finish. I also bought the Formica glue-on tape from another supplier to compare. I used both types, one on one end and ..... This iron-on tape is very much thinner than the Formica and goes on so much more easily, also being much easier to trim. It is possible to make the Formica tape look better (on black granite type work-tops) because it has the granite finish whilst this tape is plain black, but I honestly cannot decide which looks best. I have, however, decided to use this iron-on tape for the rest of the work-tops because I prefer it.
on 11 August 2013
After my tenants did a runner, I noticed my kitchen worktop was starting to come away at the edge, about 1.5m width under the front. It was almost like the chipwood had started leaking and was trying to escape!!

This tape was an absolute lifesaver and probably saved me the cost of buying and installing a new worktop.

I cut away about an inch of the current cover then scraped away the excess chipwood with a stanley knife (yes it left a right mess on the floor) and carefully rolled out the tape underneath and ironed across. It was so simple even for an amateur like me!! After about 20 mins I used the Stanley knife to trim the edge. And hey presto - as good as new.
on 27 June 2015
Just want we wanted when we were upgrading our kitchen, however our builder already brought something similar with him so it was no longer needed. We contacted the seller and he was wonderful and the item was returned. If it had been used, it was obvious it was a quality product and easy to apply but just not needed.
on 2 May 2017
Love this! Used it yesterday on my kitchen and you literally just iron it then trim it.
review image
on 11 April 2016
I had a couple of little problems with this edging tape it was not sticking at first but once i got the iron to a certain temprature it was fantastic very good edging tape would highly recommend this its very good stuff top five stars great buy.
on 7 February 2016
Works well, stuck OK with the iron on full heat. Made sure the worktop edges were flat & clean before fixing, also bent it around a corner with a 20mm radius and it coped with that OK. Trimmed it with a Stanley knife & light sanding with a 120 grit to give a reasonable finish.
on 19 November 2017
Arrived on time and well packaged. Easy to use and looks good on.
on 3 May 2015
Pretty good, easy to iron on, stays in place (so far) and simple to trim.
UPDATE: a month on the edging is coming away and unstuck along its entire length.waste of money in hindsight.
on 10 March 2018
Applcation - like falling off a log. Good product.
on 28 March 2017