on 18 December 2017
Value for money!
on 6 October 2016
That was the best stuff for this price, very long time battery, even a week time playing. Light and flexible.
on 1 May 2012
Everything I could've asked for here. I wanted to be able to use this both with my phone (for calls and music) and, as I live in a small flat, I thought it'd be ideal for keeping the noise down when using my PC for music, films, gaming etc.

First thing I noticed was the packaging; compact and easy to open, no evil clamshell plastic, easy to repackage again if you want to return it. Not a big deal, but it's a nice change. After that, pairing it with my phone and PC was completely painless, and the volume and back/forward buttons worked with both out of the box (not sure why another reviewer had trouble identifying them - if you wear the band behind your neck as intended, they're always in the same place...)

The things that mattered most to me about this product though were Portability, Comfort and Audio Quality.

PORTABILITY: It's wireless, obviously. It also collapses down pretty well as you can see, and it comes with a draw-string dust bag, which helps keep it alive in your bag or pocket. The recharge time (via USB mini cable, included) is pretty short, and the battery life way outstrips my phone, so no problems there. The range quoted is also pretty conservative - no problems within the same room as the transmitter, and mostly even within the same house.

COMFORT: In spite of being collapsible, and very light, it's also pretty sturdy - I put this down to the fact that it's not adjustable. Hasn't been a problem for me, as it's far more comfortable in extended use than in-ear phones or big cans. The lack of a cable means you can have your phone in your pocket and not worry about tugging at it (plus you don't have to hear the cable rustling in your ear every time you move.)

AUDIO: Bluetooth isn't designed for perfect audio fidelity. However, if you're not a serious audiophile then you'll be very happy with the reproduction from these. Well-rounded, good range, decent bass - not bad for wireless headphones under £30! The big multifunction button (call/pause-play) is surprisingly loose and rattles if you bobble your head about, but it hasn't bothered me yet. Still, it's the one black mark. The microphone is much like other hands-free types - it's fine, but I wouldn't recommend it for noisy environments or outdoor use.

One warning: I thought I was having trouble with the headset dropping out of stereo into l-mono depending on the audio frequency. The seller happily offered me a replacement, but some googling revealed this is actually a known problem with the bluetooth audio stack in the Samsung Galaxy S2 - it was my phone's fault all along, I'm afraid. The headset's been fine with other devices.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with this kit, especially at this price.
on 13 January 2016
Good audio quality and comfortable to use for long calls
on 9 March 2012
I download podcasts onto my 8520 and listen to them as I walk to work.

It is convenient for three reasons:
1) No wires getting in the way is the main benefit.
2) The multi-function button is on the head phone itself and so I don't have to ferret in my pocket to reach my Blackberry to pause the action.
3) Similarly, when there is an incoming phone call you simply push the same button, it pauses the audio file and you're talking.

The four surrounding buttons are impractical to use when wearing the headset because it is impossible to discern which button is which, although I did manage to turn the volume up one time.

To use the other buttons you need to take the headphones off.

Against the noise of a busy street it can be hard to hear an audio interview properly, so I suspect these are better suited to listening to music than interviews. Perhaps things are better when riding on the bus or the train?

Pairing them up with my Blackberry 8520 was straight forward, no problems here.

They feel initially a little tight when first worn but I quickly got use to the feel of them.

Overall, easy to set up and use, but perhaps not so great when there is a lot of background noise.

They work brillantly with my 8520, but they don't work at all with my netbook because I cannot find any drivers anywhere. The bluetooth dongle is fine. Why there is no driver for a netbook is anyone's guess.

2ND UPDATE (Sept 2013)
These also work well with my Blackberry Playbook. Actually they work better as it easier to find you music you want to listen on the Playbook rather than an 8520. Though it's necessary to uncouple the headphones from the phone first.
on 11 September 2012
This product is good value for money, it looks cool and the sound is of good quality. BUT, it turns out it is not what I was looking for! Also I should have listened to the reviews! I was looking for head phones that encapsulate the ears, which these are not. I think I need to spend a bit more to get what I am looking for. However, this bluetooth business is a bit annoying- on my MacBook I kept loosing connection and I had to regularly re-pair the two. I am not sure how many, but some reviews mentioned the blue light is annoying and so bright that it lights up the room and that the blue light would look silly when commuting.....that is very very true! I cannot fault the supplier, their service was good. I wonder if the product spec at amazon mentioned anywhere that the pads do not cover the ears entirely, if so I would not have bought them. Product link:
Accessory Village Sports Neck Strap Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones / Headset With built in Microphone & USB Charging Cable (Compatible With Apple iPod Touch 3 & 4 / iPad 1 & 2 / iPhone 4S & 4 & 3 / HTC / Samsung / Blackberry / Skype)
on 19 December 2011
I wasn't expecting too much at this price and only really wanted the headphones for wire-free phone and Skype calls. However, I was surprised at how good the sound quality is and have ended up using the device for listening to music as well. Its a boon having no wires to worry about. I'm also impressed with how quickly they charge and how long they last between charges. Great value for money.
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 February 2013
A great pair of budget wireless headphones that more than exceeded my expectations. I didn't think the sound quality would be as good as it is. Very clear, and the bass levels are more than acceptable. I bought these to wear at the gym and cannot fault them in the slightest. I've read a few reviews that complain about the right side rattling slightly, but for me it was barely noticeable. I've managed to get well over 20 hours of use on a single charge too. The Bluetooth distance is also very good- more than 10 metres!

I did try wearing these headphone whilst running outdoors and the connection kept cutting, but as these are the first Bluetooth headphones I have tried I can't say whether this is due to the headphones, or if it's common practice with Bluetooth accessories.

Overall, 4 stars as they're great for general use, but lose a star because they feel a little cheap and plasticky. Would definitely recommend.
on 27 January 2015
love it
on 14 June 2012
This is a good item so long as you have no need to look to the right. Each time I do this the headset seems to either disconnect or fast forward which can be slightly annoying. Only day one of using the product so will be interesting to see what happens with it in the future.
Cheap and flimsy looking build, so at least it lives up to its appearance.

DON'T BUY, spend a little extra and get a reliable pair.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse