Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 January 2013
I bought this and the latest release by Junius after seeing them support Katatonia in Southampton recently.
Both support bands who I had never heard of previously were superb live and prompted me to buy both of there
most recent offerings.
Some albums take time to grow on you but not this one. My initial thoughts after only one play through is
that there are no fillers as every track is strong.
Stand out tracks after first listen are the epic "Là où Naissent les Couleurs Nouvelles" which moves between clean and
growling vocals and Summers Glory.
If you are a fan of Dark melodic music this is a must for you.
The only negative for me is that the vocal mix is a bit low but it still gets five stars anyway.
Awesome!!!!
on 27 October 2013
This is an album that grows on you organically, like moss on a tree stump. It's got a nice powerful yet slightly muffly sound that evokes misty meanderings through dying light.
It's a thoroughly life affirming after several listens and stays with you. Let your spirit soar as you listen to the aural loveliness that carries you to places you wish were real.
on 11 January 2012
As a new fan of alcest this is my first album by them. I got the album when I seen it for a good price from the local hmv.
When I got it home I was expecting it to be much more black metal with the heavy scream like vocals you get on a black metal album. I was surprised by this album the vocals in French are not heavy there soft and more upbeat with the music. The songs are more slow and soft to start gradually getting heavy. The vocals as I have said are more clean and soft which fits better with the album. to me this is not black metal as I was told they where its more of a mix between post metal and a small amount of black metal with some off the guitar. Some songs the vocal are more like sigur ros as it's more like an instrument than a vocal. The album also get heavier as it goes on the softer songs are at the beginning then the vocals get more traditional black metal and the guitar is harder. But there are still sections in the songs of clean vocals. To me this was like when I first got the black metal album monument to times end by twilight. The songs are longer than a few black metal bands I know and there is a bit of change as the go on.
The artwork on this album is different to many black metal bands as its a nice image of a peacock in an archway with its tail getting larger and its mainly green. And it has the gold text a very nice cover and nor actually bleak like some albums artwork where its normally bleak looking forests or someone in the black and white makeup on or satanic.
This album is a shock to me and it is amazing.
on 24 June 2012
I bought this album having listened to only one song from it (Autre Temps) and just loved the style of the song, so I took a chance and bought the album. I'm glad I did! It is amazing and every song on it is worth listening to. My personal favourite is still Autre Temps, but the whole album is great.
on 4 April 2013
The above tagline says it all.
It's not long enough for an Amazon review though.
I'll just stand and gaze at my shoes for a bit.

That'll do.

BUY!!!!!
on 16 January 2013
I expected better from Alcest as I had heard good reviews but I find this CD rather a lot of fuzzy noise, distorted shouting and indistinguishable tracks.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse