Customer reviews

Good yeast
on 15 October 2015
Love it
on 3 July 2017
Arrived promptly. Great product.
on 11 December 2012
This is great value for an entire 8 pack display box of the yeast.

This is now my regular yeast for my bread machine and also for oven baking or making pizza dough.

Buying in this quantity effectively halves the price.

Best to decant each packet into an airtight container as you need it and the yeast will then stay active for about 2 months.

If buying this quantity, make sure you'll get through it in the 2 year expiry date, (the yeast should still work after this date but might become less active)

A great product, a great price.
on 5 June 2014
Have used this brand for 2 years and been perfectly satisfied with it but I find this like all yeasts are better when used as a starter - teaspoon of yeast and same of sugar mixed with a little of the water in a small beaker. When the yeast mix has got working with a good 'head' I add it to the top of the dry bread mix in the machine and set it off.
on 15 February 2013
Great price, lovely small manageable packets, works great. I use it to bake most of my own and my family's bread. I used it with, strong white, rye, spelt and wholemeal flour in 1kg batches. Never a problem, so very recommended.
on 3 February 2017
Loaf Just out of my Breadmaker last night.
I have been previously a Professional Baker and I feel that before You start to bake? You need to use Good High Quality ingredients. I have used other brands of yeast which may have been cheaper or dearer than Doves. I Verymuch think that making bread is Verymuch a Science. It's the same for the amateur as much as it is for me as a trained Baker. I think to start of with your ingredients ie your flour etc. Must be of good Quality. I don't use a dough improver and I don't use vitamin C.
No preservatives only fine sea salt. It's all natural ingredients. I used Doves Strong Bread flour for my Cinnamon and Sultana loaf pictured. I really was very impressed with the quality of this yeast as you can see I have got a good well Risen loaf that even Paul Hollywood would be proud of!
The yeast is the most important ingredient in making bread. I just used 2 tsp of yeast in this 1 kg loaf. I would definitely recommend this product to other bakers and also recommend Doves Flour also.
I just want to help fellow bakers amateurs and professionals alike. I have a little book which is very valuable to me it is a great little book By Author Karen Saunders,
Tips For Your Breadmaker . You can purchase here on Amazon for a few pounds but it's the best thing since sliced bread. It is a little book but very informative in Bread making. A good Quality products like this You get a good Quality loaf. Cheap ingredients you don't get a good Quality rise. I am very pleased with the quality of this yeast and how my loaf turned out. Would recommend this brand of yeast Doves and I would recommend this Seller and I am very pleased that I can purchase it from Amazon UK marketplace and it delivered to my door. Thanks to Amazon for selling yet another high quality product. Delivery was Excellent Too!
Happy Baking Folks.
review image review image review image
on 21 July 2016