on 18 June 2017
This performed surprising well for the cost. Tested it on an f5 12" Dob. It's important to be viewing with quality eyepieces to minimise any distortions this Barlow lens introduces. If you just need that extra boost in magnification on occasion, then this will serve you well.
on 15 April 2016
The Barlow lens itself works just fine and I would have given it 4 or five stars if it had only came with a cheap protective container or indeed two lens caps.
on 24 February 2013
Have to mirror what other reviews have stated. Build quality is excellent - well milled and glass optics look clear and well mounted - fits my kids' Celestron 130 perfectly in the 1.25" aperture. Doubles up the magnification as specified and can't see any degradation in image quality with this stacked onboard. Makes a big difference with the moon - far more surface detail (i prefer to view in last of daylight/dusk and first light conditions, when the moon's brightness doesn't blow all the detail away). Also Jupiter, which is very visible all evening at the moment, now becomes a disc with colour visible - before it was more of a large white blob. The Galilean moons were visible before, but are now more prominent and you can see their size differs now. All this with the kit eyepiece of 10mm. My next investment will be a 4mm and/or 6mm from this same company and see if that produces even more impressive sights. Recommended to anyone not blown away by the initial images produced by a 130mm or less telescope. Don't just stick it on ebay or put it in the loft - buy yourself a Barlow and enjoy the instant difference!
on 16 January 2013
The lens arrived shortly after placing my order in a small box. The barlow could be better packaged but apprears fine.

The barlow is well made and fits into the eyepiece holder on the telescope and into the eyepiece very nicely, made to measure!

In use, the magnification is very good and the clarity of the subject in this case the moon, is very sharp.

I have to ask why other Barlows cost so much more compared to this one??

I am very pleased with this purchase, it has improved the power of my Celestron Travelscope 70 greatly for little additional cost.
on 27 April 2014
The barlow lens is excellent value, and is of surprisingly good build quality. A good test I did to somewhat verify this is when putting a very well made webcam adapter into it, and let it drop in by gravity, it slowly went in, as air between the adapter and the barlow lens could not escape too fast out of the gaps, which verifies that the barlow lens is very accurate in it's circularity and general "even-ness". However, please remember how much you are paying, and note that there is a reason why this is a third the price of celestron barlows. More expensive equals better quality lenses and geneal build quality. Never-the-less, I would recommend this. I have used it so far to view the Moon, Jupiter, and Mars, and I have to say, it is amazing at how good the quality is...FOR...the price. I mentioned the webcam adapter didn't I... well I use a simple xbox 360 webcam, the webcam adapter, this barlow lens, a darkening filter, and I can get very satisfying images of what I said I have viewed.

I would recommend if you are beginning like me, but please just remember the price and that more expensive will generally equal better quality.

Sam
on 26 September 2013
I'm using this Seben 2x Barlow lens in a recently purchased Celestron 70 Travelscope and I have to say that the quality of this lens image through the telescope is really excellent. I also bought a slightly cheaper 3x Barlow plastic lens from a different company at the same time and the quality of image was very poor by comparison with the Seben lens. The Seben lens has glass optics and the difference in the clarity of image compared to the plastic lens is remarkable. I only wish that Seben made a 3x Barlow lens which I would purchase immediately, but I can't see one on their website?

Seben's customer service is also superb. I bought a wrong sized lens which had already been dispatched but they managed to stop the shipment and give me a full refund the same day. The 2x Barlow lens also arrived much more quickly than expected (within a week of ordering) considering it is shipped from Germany.

Quality product and quality service - highly recommended!
on 19 November 2013
Was looking to upgrade from a plastic housed barlow to something more solid and came across this! Delivery was prompt and was blown away with the quality you get for the price! No comparison between my previous barlow and this one! pinpoint detail crystal clear,all for a bargain price! will definatly be purchasing again from this seller!
on 7 January 2013
Arrived very early, is a great quality beginner/intermediate Barlow lens, for such little money it was worth it. Seben makes are very high quality, so this is a must have for a telescope
on 29 May 2015
great
on 9 March 2013
Great product for the money this barlow lens performs 10 times better then my expensive ones ! delivery speed was amazing great company great prices a++++ would definitley recommend this item and company :)