Customer reviews

on 24 December 2010
Like most reviewers, I stumbled across this lot by chance - saw the album well reviewed elsewhere and then came across it secondhand and thought I'd give it a whirl. It's certainly eclectic (it would be safe to say that Crystal Fighters are definitely London's premier Basque electro-folk ensemble, but not really a crowded field...), but virtually every song's a winner. "Plage" is my personal favourite - I'd challenge you to name a catchier song recorded in the last year. By all rights, it deserves to be a massive viral hit.
on 22 December 2010
I stumbled across this band by complete accident one evening whilst channel surfing - they were on Jools Holland and within seconds I was mesmerised by them. I decided to take a chance and buy the album - and what a great decision that was! My girlfriend and I love it - it's never off the car stereo!
on 5 April 2011
I first spotted this band on Jools Holland which is where I pick up most of my new music from these days as I despise the radio.

Their blend of traditional South American rhythm instruments and electronics caught my attention and I decided to give the CD a try. I was not disappointed, this is one of the freshest things I have heard since the brilliant Dengue Fever album: Venus On Earth.

It opens with the punchy "Solar System", you can not help but move to the beat and the counterpoint of traditional and modern just works so well. My pick of the best (and they are all good) would have to be "I Do This Every Day" (an absolute rocker), "Plage" (a good old sing along song), the beautiful "At Home" and the manic "I Love London".

It is hard to know what to compare this album to, there is not a sound really like it anywhere around, but if you like Goldfrapp, Groove Armada or Basement Jaxx this is likely to appeal, a very rhythmic album full of good songs and sounds. Maybe a little more polish wouldn't go amiss, but I am sure they will improve with age.
on 26 November 2010
Love this album, definitely one of my favorite albums of 2010. The style of music is so different. First hear there stuff about a year ago, then saw them at Bestival, and loved them, the album did not let me down! 10/10
on 29 June 2011
I have made the mistake several times in my life of buying an album on the basis of hearing just one or two tracks by a band. More often than not, the result has been the purchase of an album on which I like just one or two tracks!

I came across Crystal Fighters in live performance at the recording of a Jules Holland episode and thought they were the best act of the evening. So I bought the album - on the basis of just two tracks(!) - but I love it. Full of energy and a good diversity of material. And personally I don't think there are any poor tracks.

What more can I say?
on 27 June 2013
Can't believe i have not bought this sooner! Only recently have i heard "Follow" on the radio and liked it, then when i heard "you & i" i started thinking hey, i really like this band. Listened to all the samples on ITunes (sorry Amazon) as you get 1:30 per sample to really get a feel for a song, came back to Amazon to purchase Star of Love and it just seems to get better and better with each play.

I like all the songs which is rare for an album and enjoy the acoustic tracks at the end depending on what mood i am in.
on 20 October 2013
This was bought as a present and as such, was very well received. Chose this one as other reviews implied this cd was the best.
on 26 October 2010
Great fun little album - would recomend it warmly for their faintly exotic brand of electronica. They caught me first at a music Festival, where they began with about 20 people watching - and through what appeared to be walk bys alone (myself included) finished their set with a good 250 revelers going at it, all throwing crazy shapes around with childish grins.

Quick MySpace will give you a sample if you like Xtatic Truth then get the album!
on 3 May 2011
Heard "At Home" on 6 music and after reading the reviews of the album i downloaded it. This is a great album! If you like electro-synth-rock-pop-dance! I do. Not a bad vibe on this album. Really good. Even some Manu Chao groove here. Musically it is very diverse but still holds together and flows very well.
on 1 November 2010
this album is certainly eclectic; like each member of the band has contributed a couple of songs to their individule taste so there's everything in here; funk, soul, rock, roots, folk, electronica and the odd bit of dub step - it gets better with every listen.