Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 22 October 2012
i ordered these boots with trepidation, based on other peoples views on amazon. but i am not at all disappointed. these are absolutely fantastic!! very warm and comfy, waterproof, attractive to look at and really good grippers beneath to cope with snow and ice. i can see myself wearing these boots until they fall apart. i have a broadish foot and high instep which makes it difficult sometimes to find boots, other than the Ugg variety to fit. The Ugg variety are useless in snow and ice....i should know, i have had many falls wearing those, so i have slung them out and replaced them with these. If you go dog walking or feel unsteady on your feet in bad weather, invest in a pair of these boots, because not only are they cosy and warm, you will probably see your confidence restored when trecking through zero temperatures in actic conditions.
0Comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought these boots in various styles including this style with the velcro-flap and the similar zip-front style for walking in snow, ice, across muddy fields, rough footpaths and heading out in the year-round heavy rain and floods which we now seem to have.

Unlike wellies, they have a good, thick, shock-absorbing sole so they're very comfortable for walking in and with their thick, warm padded lining they're especially good in cold conditions and snow. The grip isn't as good as walking boots but is much better than that provided by a pair of wellies. The rubber foot section is completely waterproof and the ankle/calf will withstand a walk in deep snow or heavy rain. They also dry quickly after use, even when soaked through.

Regarding sizing, they're a little on the large size for a female foot (but there seems to be no size difference between those described as men's/women's/unisex boots). I'm normally a regular size 7 with a wider foot than average. Without thick socks, I'd need to order a size 6 (as I did for a pair of 'fur' acrylic lined boots by the same manufacturer, Groundwork, although the same boots can be labelled with different brand names), but if you're planning to wear them with an extra pair of socks then buy your usual size.

I've had my original pair for about 4 years during which time they've been used and abused and the rubber top is now starting to crack and perish so they're no longer fully waterproof, but I have no complaints at all and gladly bought a replacement pair.
on 7 December 2011
after a lot of searching have at last found the perfect boots to stand and watch my grandchildren play football.no more cold feet.
on 9 September 2012
Love these boots! Cosy, warm, comfy and a fantastic price. Really quick delivery too. Perfect for dog walking now that the weather is turning chilly. Great!
on 22 August 2012
The boots arrived on time, the look a bit different from your everyday mucker boot and I like that. They are as described in every way.
on 28 December 2015
In theory, these boots are great - easy to put on and take off thanks to the Velcro front, comfortable and warm thanks to the fleecy liner and they look like they should be waterproof and hardwearing. However, hardwearing they are not! I bought these for daily dog walking and after only about two months of walking, large cracks appeared in the front instep and on the heel (basically everywhere the boot bends as you walk) and these then developed into large holes which let in water. I haven't used them particularly rigorously, just walking along muddy trails and across grass, but they just do not stand up to regular use. The problem lies in the material they're made from - poor quality plastic. It needs to be a more pliable material that stretches as you walk and stands up to getting wet.
The basic principle of the boot is a good one, but the quality of them is very poor. I'd advise anyone looking to use them for walking to look elsewhere.
Also, if do insist on buying them, buy at least a size smaller than you'd normally wear, as they come up very large.
on 1 October 2012
Bought these boots because they looked good for the money, and my old boots had been worn out. I was pleased initially as, although they weren't as good quality as my old boots i.e. not as solidly made, they were comfy. However, after wearing them a few times I noticed a damp feeling, I removed the inner sock lining and found it to be damp, as was the the inside of the boot. I had sprayed the suede with waterproofing before wearing so I can only assume that the dampness is getting through the stitching. Don't get me wrong, it's not that my feet are getting soaked, but I didn't really expect them to get damp either. I have ended up purchasing a pair of neoprene sock liners, although this doesn't stop the inside of the boot itself being damp.
44 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2013
You would think these boots were durable. They are not! Lasted just under 3 months. Boots developed a crack in heel which leaked water and destroyed lining.
By the time I spoke to HacknTack I was just over their 3 month warranty. Most companies would have 1 year.
Not worth it..
on 1 November 2015
Worst pair I've ever had!!! Having horses I go thru a lot these kind of boots. I like the thought of just being able to slip on and off as I'm in the yard, then the house, then the yard. So I went mad for a pair of these. first time I took them off the inner fleecy sock/lining thingy came out and was uncomfortable afta that as I couldn't position it comfortably back in the boot. They have rubbed my ankle something wicked and that's with the biggest fattest pair of socks on! Then came the gravel inlet!! Somehow little tiny pieces.of gravel kept gettin in really annoyingly. And now 2-3 weeks after purchase they have split all over. These boots have been walking around yard and field so not even started any serious horse work yet, like mucking out etc. Save your money buy a decent pair. these are cheap and do not last
on 19 June 2016
My concern was how waterproof they were, when purchasing these boots - well they are waterproof - very thick rubber boot with a soft upper. Great to put on and velcro closed.

The inside of the upper part of the rubber boot is sharp, where it meets the upper material. I didn't initially realise that the inner lining could be removed to put your foot into it before inserting in to the boot. My foot was initially pushing the lining down until I realised that.

However the first two dog walks produced cuts in my achilles tendon - still trying to heal that a week later. However, I had to insert stiff cardboard between the lining and the back of the boot to stop the harsh edge of the heel from trying to cut into my Achilles tendon.

They are now fine to walk in and the cardboard stops the sharp edge cutting me. I would have thought that this would have easily been sorted in the initial stages of design and easily rectified by smoothing or chamfering that sharp inner edge.

Over all at £25 I guess you can't grumble - with the cardboard mod they are fine for a half hour dog walk. The inner sock/lining is very comfortable.