on 16 March 2012
The dress arrived the day after I placed the order. I just love the the fit, the feel, the style, I bought a size bigger than I normally take because of the 'clingy'material this which lets the dress hang beautifully. It is a really stylish dress you wouldn't be dissapointed, perfect for any occassion and just the right length. I am very impressed with the service Lindy Bop offer it is excellent, I sadly had a problem with the hem on my dress(which I found after removing the label and wearing it) I contacted the company they were very helpful and sent me out a replacement straight away and with no quibble which arrived the very next day! Fantastic service and a beautiful retro/vintage frock :D Will deffinately be using again and recommending Lindy Bop to all my friends.
on 10 May 2012
This is also available in deep blue-black- Read previous reviews- so decided to order for myself- for a 1940's hanger dance.
Great quality to the fabric and very well ligned- good length, but being a larger lady-decided to order the 20- as I am a size 18- very glad I did- as the larger size flatters- skims beautifully over the hips- great fore dancing- as moves with you-gives lots of streach for arm movement- saving up to buy the other colour.
Highly recommended for 1940's dancing
on 9 December 2013
Love, love, love... Ordered this dress for next day delivery bit of a hiccup but eventually arrived. Couldn't wait to unwrap, well worth the wait it hangs very well and is extremely flattering. The material is of great quality and because the sleeves are relatively long hide a multitude of sins. I received plenty of compliments when I wore it to the WW2 Tea party and I will definitely wear it again. Would definitely recommend Lindy as I have purchased from them before.
on 13 February 2014
A lovely swingy fabric, this tea-dress looks like genuine vintage silk, and fits beautifully. I was delighted with it. No need to unbutton the neck either as the fabric stretches easily.
on 16 June 2014
The dress arrived promptly. It was exactly as described. I am a size 14 in most cases but ordered a 16 as I didn't want it to cling and I was pleased with the fit and the hang of the dress. Unfortunately the neckline didn't suit me so I had to return it.
on 20 March 2012
Soft comfortable material and perfect size 10. A few loose bits of cotton, but was surprised at quality considering price.
on 17 September 2012
Very satisfied with the dress. Hangs well and doesn't cling, but better with petticoat under !
Did buy bigger size then it 'skims' rather than clings !
Now waiting for next year's offering from Lindy Bob.
on 12 September 2014
I read all the reviews before I bought this dress. I'm a size10 top and a size 12 bottom and thought I should probably buy a 12 given some of the reviews. It was out of stock so I went for the 10 and it is a perfect fit. I would say if you are small busted (like me) then you definitely don't need to size up.

The colour is lovely, not too bright but bold. The material has enough weight for it to hang really well. The fit is the best thing, it is very flattering; skims rather than clings to stomach and hips. The length is perfect for me (I'm 5' 6), falling about 3 ins below the knee. I have quite big upper arms for my size and the sleeves are great, not tight and a nice length. All round quality is really good for the cost.

I don't usually wear this style of dress but I love it :)
on 2 March 2012
I ordered this dress on a whim and also because I couldn't find anything I liked on the high street. I love it and it was delivered promptly- delighted with my purchase
on 20 March 2013
I was very pleased with my red polka dot vintage dress good quality and fit can't wait to wear it.