on 25 June 2017
An excellent album and even better value coming with Auto Rip.

Whether you are a Nickelback fan or like rock music, give it a try it is an excellent album
on 27 March 2017
Brilliant album - this is the 2nd time I've bought it as lost the first one. Great for playing in the car!
on 26 April 2017
My absolutely favourite band. Who couldn't love this?
on 13 November 2017
love Nickelback
on 5 May 2017
The music is fantastic to listen to In the car and it sound amazing
on 30 September 2014
excellent
on 21 November 2011
Being a life long Nickelback fan I had no 2nd thoughts about pre-ordering this album. Thanks to Amazon is arrived on the Saturday before release so I've had plenty of time to listen to this album. Naturally I've had it on repeat because it's just so damn good. Every song is 5* by me, from the hard hitting 'This Means War' to the melodic 'Lullaby' it's just pure class. It's well written and composed and you'll finish the album wishing it didn't have to end.
on 21 November 2011
This is another excellent album from nickelback. I was listening to it in the car. I love track 2! its leathal driving music. thumbs up :)
on 17 September 2017
The album gets off to a brilliant start with the loud, heavy and fun “This Means War” and follows it up with the fun drinking anthem “Bottoms Up”, but then it dips in quality. There’s too many songs that seem to just play it safe, although some of the ballads aren’t too bad like “Trying Not To Love You”. When they aren’t doing ballads, the guitar tone is really heavy and distorted, but yet most songs do still sound commercial, since the production is on the artificial side. The lyrical direction on a lot of tracks is carrying on from the sleaziness that they did in ‘Dark Horse’.
on 19 December 2011
Being a fairly big Nickelback fan (have travelled across the atlantic to see them several times because seeing them in the UK just wasn't enough) I was naturally quite excited about the prospect of a new record in 2011, so on listening to track one 'This means war' I was really surprised...but not in a good way!
'TMW' seemed repetative, processed and fake.
Having already heard 'Bottoms up' and 'When we stand together' I'm just going to say that I really liked both of those although 'When we stand together' does sound like the jangly guitar intro to the scrubs theme tune.
The rest of the album seemed to follow a similar pattern to 'This means war', with the music sounding very basic,processed and repetative, as if most of the music were an afterthought to the lyrics.

And let's talk about those lyrics Chad...

'I started thinking that she could really handle alcohol'
'You brought a knife to an all out gun-fight'
'East coast loves the cocaine, the west coast marijuana'

For me, it's a deep, deep shame to see Chad resorting to such generic lyrical content, if I'm honest I've always respected his songwriting abilities; for example, 'side of a bullet', 'someday' and 'too bad' are really thoughtful, whereas
'Here and now' is just Chad telling us about drugs, alcohol and strippers. (although I'd like to point out that there are quite a few other people with various writing credits on the album, so perhaps outside influences are largely to blame for anyone else who feels as I do about the record.)

In a nutshell, If you liked dark horse and the much more dumbed down sex, drugs and rock n roll themes,you will definitely see this as a good record, but if you're expecting them to return to their grunge roots and knock out more thoughtful songs like 'hollywood', 'good times gone' and 'how you remind me' then you will be disappointed.
Like me.
22 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse