on 24 November 2012
I've never written a review on amazon but this item was amazing! Ordered this for my new Nexus 7, delivery was quicker than I expected... in fact it conveniently arrived the day after my Nexus arrived.

This item worked great from first use. Had to download an app for a couple of quid (Nexus Media Importer) which is so worth it, trust me! Tested out a whole load of devices including wireless keyboard/mouse (works without any apps), USB flash drive, SD card reader, and even my portable hard-drive which made me wish I ordered the 16GB Nexus instead of the 32GB as my hard-drive has 500GB of memory!

I mean I can carry my hard-drive around, plug it into my Nexus whenever I want and watch HD movies & videos, listen to tracks, view saved documents/e-books... how awesome is that? A real game-changer! And it comes with a neat Velcro strap to tie the cable up so its not dangling off the side of your device.

Few things worth mentioning: tried plugging in a PS3 controller and it picks it up but haven't quite figured out how to make it work yet. I hear there is another app for this called sixaxis controller. Digital cameras work to copy pictures but not able to use it to take pics (on the Nexus anyway). And finally, you can only read from USB storage devices meaning you can stream files and copy them over to your Nexus but I haven't been able to write/paste files from my Nexus onto another device which is no biggie but would be sweet. 5 stars nevertheless!
11 Comment| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 April 2017
Unfortunately the thing broke after using it for about 2 days. While it worked I could use it on a big range of devices which was really good.

Update:
The company contacted me within 12 hours of leaving my review and offered me a replacement. I was really surprised. They were very polite and understanding. After confirming, they sent me two replacements and apologised. One replacement was for me and the other one was to apologise. Really amazed at this companies service. Amazing. The replacements arrived and so far they work.

Also I would like to add that these cables work on a lot of devices. I was able to plug in my USB, my headset (Razer Kraken 7.1 Chorma) and it was even able to light up and worked perfectly and I even was able to reverse charge using my phone. Amazed at how it works since manufacturers like Apple, Samsung and HTC claim that you cannot plug in a USB. Well obviously you can. Just use this cable!
on 26 October 2013
Ordered the item on Sunday night and it arrived on Tuesday morning. I plugged it into my Nexus 7 and using a recommended App, I was able to do exactly what the item description said I could do. On my N7,

1 plug in a 16 gig USB memory stick, access it and transfer files between the N7 and the stick.
2 plug in a 500 gig portable external hard drive and transfer files between the N7 and the drive.
3 plug in a USB mouse and use it
4 plug in a USB keyboard and use it.
5 plug in a PS Controller and use it, even on a few of my Android games from Google Play.
6 plug in a USB card reader with an inserted SD card and transfer Photos.

An invaluable item for any Nexus 7 owner.
on 8 February 2017
I bought this to use as an adapter for my DSLR to add an extension cable to an external monitor. Item performs well and seems to be well made.

An essential item in any videographers tool kit

PS transfer speeds are not restricted by this item.
on 18 September 2017
This device saved my life on many occasions. I had a lot of cartoons on a USB stick that i used on my TV at home for the kids but I had no way of connecting it to my tablets and phones so the kids could watch these when we were on the go somewhere. Well this solved that problem. It connects to any micro usb tablet/smartphone device and with certain video software downloads like MX Player, it will play almost any video format out there. Really top purchase.
on 11 September 2016
Delivered very quickly, good packaging. Ideal to download images from camera or the memory card to tablet to review images. Works perfectly, good price, does exactly what it says!
on 23 November 2012
Arrived very quickly which is always a plus! Purchased for a Nexus 7, please be aware that an app must be purchased (Nexus Media Importer £1.87) for all functionality; this is not a fault of the item, it's just that the N7 doesn't have built in file import software.

I haven't tried it with many devices yet, but an 8Gb memory stick worked perfectly and I copied over a video from the stick to the N7 with no problem at all. I've seen videos showing that this can be connected to a USB hub allowing a keyboard and mouse to be attached and apparently some games even support a PS3 pad being connected via this cable!
on 7 November 2015
A great cable to have in my bag for work. Easily connect mass storage devices or even hard drives to my smartphone. Not something I need everyday but can save a lot of time and effort when I do need it. When ever I am at work this handy product comes with me.
on 20 March 2017
Very pleased with this cable. I purchased it to transfer photos from my Canon EOS 1100D to my HUDL 1 so I could see my photos a bit larger while on holiday. It was very straightforward, just connect it and photos are imported easily without having to do anything else. I would recommend.
on 22 August 2017
Brill for reading usb thumb drives through my micro connected devices works perfectly.