Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now

1,284
Size: RIGHT ANGLE OTG Cable|Change

on 24 November 2012
I've never written a review on amazon but this item was amazing! Ordered this for my new Nexus 7, delivery was quicker than I expected... in fact it conveniently arrived the day after my Nexus arrived.

This item worked great from first use. Had to download an app for a couple of quid (Nexus Media Importer) which is so worth it, trust me! Tested out a whole load of devices including wireless keyboard/mouse (works without any apps), USB flash drive, SD card reader, and even my portable hard-drive which made me wish I ordered the 16GB Nexus instead of the 32GB as my hard-drive has 500GB of memory!

I mean I can carry my hard-drive around, plug it into my Nexus whenever I want and watch HD movies & videos, listen to tracks, view saved documents/e-books... how awesome is that? A real game-changer! And it comes with a neat Velcro strap to tie the cable up so its not dangling off the side of your device.

Few things worth mentioning: tried plugging in a PS3 controller and it picks it up but haven't quite figured out how to make it work yet. I hear there is another app for this called sixaxis controller. Digital cameras work to copy pictures but not able to use it to take pics (on the Nexus anyway). And finally, you can only read from USB storage devices meaning you can stream files and copy them over to your Nexus but I haven't been able to write/paste files from my Nexus onto another device which is no biggie but would be sweet. 5 stars nevertheless!
11 Comment| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 October 2013
Ordered the item on Sunday night and it arrived on Tuesday morning. I plugged it into my Nexus 7 and using a recommended App, I was able to do exactly what the item description said I could do. On my N7,

1 plug in a 16 gig USB memory stick, access it and transfer files between the N7 and the stick.
2 plug in a 500 gig portable external hard drive and transfer files between the N7 and the drive.
3 plug in a USB mouse and use it
4 plug in a USB keyboard and use it.
5 plug in a PS Controller and use it, even on a few of my Android games from Google Play.
6 plug in a USB card reader with an inserted SD card and transfer Photos.

An invaluable item for any Nexus 7 owner.
on 6 January 2013
The item works fine. However the design flaw lies with the micro USB connecting at right angles to my Nexus 7. The cable is very short and has no give which means the weight of a USB memory stick is pulling down on the socket. This isn't such a massive problem, however if you're trying to plug in headphones then the headphone socket being in line with the micro USB socket means that anything attached to this cable has to be bent around the headphone jack - they're on a collision course. This will apply unwanted twisting pressure to your tablet's micro USB socket.

If you've got a Nexus 7, or similar set up, then I'd advise a cable that plugs into the micro USB socket in a straight line rather than at 90 degrees.
22 Comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2012
I purchased this recently in preparation for the Google Nexus 10 tablet, as I wanted to have more functionality from the device without having to root it. Having read that it worked fine with the Nexus 7 I was fairly confident the newer model would play nice too, and indeed it does.

So far, having installed Nexus Media Importer on the "10" I've used the OTG cable with my sandisk card reader to import jpgs/docs/movies off CF cards, and have also plugged it into my WD 2tb external hard drive to access files on it, all with no problems at all (I've both steamed AND copied data using the OTG). All in all, a very good value accessory that greatly expands the functionality of the Nexus 10.

This is my first ever tablet, and having researched it to death before purchasing I decided to go with Android rather than iOS (and in particular Nexus for its 'clean' implementation of Jelly Bean). I had no illusions of replacing my laptop with a tablet in terms of serious workflow, but still wanted to do more than what it could out of the box. As such this is what Android with this cable gives me, the flexibility to do so much more with this tablet. Every owner should buy one, it's the key to the outside world for this device.
11 Comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 November 2012
This little cable does the job!

Arrived within a few days.
Installed the app Nexus media importer app on my new Nexus 10. This is not rooted, stock Jelly Bean OS.

Pluged in the OTG cable and used by 16GB USB stick and it worked. I also installed MX Video player app too.
It also worked with my western digital passbook 500GB portable HDD too. This drive only has one USB cable, so doesn't need external power.

My HDD is partitioned in two, one is NTFS and the other is FAT. It picked them both up and played video from both with out any trouble.

Hope this helps anyone out there.

I have uploaded some pictures too.

Now i can use USB sticks at work and copy files across, stream, etc,
review image review image review image review image
1515 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2013
I use this for connecting my Tesco Hudl to various USB sticks I have. Works fine. Nothing more to say.
on 28 August 2012
I have a Google Nexus 7 tablet and lament the lack of either external storage or SD card. Was thinking of ditching it until I learned about OTG cables and a very cheap app (you will also need this)- Nexus Media Importer. It works like a dream. Now I can access all my mp3 files and play them via my SD card or USB stick. Total cost - about £3. Go for it.
11 Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2013
At first OTG cable did not work - the seller provide support within 1 day of an email.
Problem is with the new NEXUS 7 ( 2013 version) not the cable

Seller gave links etc so I could fix the issue and it was done within a few minutes...

I am very happy with both the product and the seller.

HInt: For Nexus 7 try the free App: "OTG Troubleshooter" and follow advice.
on 8 February 2017
I bought this to use as an adapter for my DSLR to add an extension cable to an external monitor. Item performs well and seems to be well made.

An essential item in any videographers tool kit

PS transfer speeds are not restricted by this item.
on 26 February 2013
For ages I thought it would be nice if I could view pictures from my camera on my bigger screen smart phone.
Of course there is no SD card slot on the Android, so I simply looked for a "device" and here it is. I was doubtful at first due to the very low price and wondered if it would work, so I looked at a tutorial on line and saw how easy it was.
I was equally amazed when the cable arrived ages before the predicted date from Amazon and then came the test, with the usual apprehension. I remembered which file to open but with such a list of options within the file it took me a few attempts to find the right one and I had a nagging doubt if this cable would work.
Nothing wrong with the cable at all just with my choice of viewing options and then with patience up came the bright sharp picture from my SD card. It shows pictures one at a time not in a list to scroll so that is something you have to accept but the facility to view larger pictures and not drain the camera battery is a very nice option.
This is for viewing pictures from an SD card and I have not tried to use it for other than that so I can't say if it will link with a mouse or keyboard, I suspect the answer is no it will not.
An excellent little device for pocket change and it does what it says on the tin.