Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.37

on 20 August 2012
I really liked this book. It inspired me to simplify so many aspects of my life. The best part is that it has tips on how to do it but at the same time it's not preachy. It shows you how to take a progressive aproach in simplfying your life instead of the "chuck everything you have" motto of other books on minimalism.
on 27 May 2016
Excellent read - some quotes so good I shared them with friends - accessible, relatable and energising - I grew as a person reading it and think this philosophy could be what saves the planet as well as our individual health and savings accounts - 2 hours very well spent
on 11 November 2014
This is a nice and compact book. It doesn't say anything new, but what it does say is well put together. Joshua's form of minimalism is not extreme. He does own more than many more items then a lot of minimalists. This book though is about the average person de-cluttering their home enough so that they can save money and spend less time drowning under the clutter
on 2 November 2014
I found this to be a beautiful Sunday morning read, I'm sure it would be equally enjoyable at any time, that's just when I found the time to read it.
As the name implies it is not an overly complicated book to read, Joshua's style is warm and easy.
Simplicity is not simple to practicefif you have been stuck in clutter-land as I have been. I was raised in a house with lots of belongings as a total contrast to my parents who were raised with very little and so could not bring themselves to throw anything out. Clothes were passed on through my cousins which was great and very useful however I did learn the fear involved in the mentality of "we might need that someday".
I will read this book a few times and that is not a criticism of the book, rather that my attitudes need to slowly change in order for these changes to be permanent and comfortable.
on 8 May 2012
I'm a minimalist myself but still got lots out of this book. It's quite short but tells you everything you need to know. I personally prefer books that just contain what you need to know without padding the book out with useless info or repeating it self. this is straight to the point and very motivating.
on 29 March 2017
Great
on 5 May 2017
Great read, really thought provoking
on 23 January 2012
nothing new here but its nice to have it all spelled out in such simple terms. i'd started clearing out my cupboards by the end of the first chapter..
on 4 November 2016
I found more interesting information more on the authors website. I should have considered how useful this would be before purchasing, just like the author recommends when considering buying something.
on 7 June 2016
Really enjoyed this book. Easy read and the ideas are explained in a simple manner. I would have wished for it to be longer. The mentality of the writer is right in line with mine, which probably helped with understanding the ideas. I noticed some 1-star reviews on here. The book is like a primer/starter for minimalism and one sort of has to be in that mindset to enjoy such reads, probably that was out of balance with those readers. Really enjoyed it, would recommend.