on 11 June 2012
I met Daniel at a talk he gave about converting to Judaism to a group of us Jews, oddly enough. It was here, after listening to the discussion he had with all of us, that I learned of his book and decided to buy it.

This book is well written and explains a great deal to anyone who wants to know how to become a Jew in the UK. His insight into the stringent process laid out before any potential convert, and the seemingly strange politics of the Orthodox Beth Din, are wonderfully informative. Anyone who is considering becoming a Jew in the UK should absolutely read this book. You'll be happy you did, and you'll learn a lot more than you ever thought.
on 23 October 2014
Honest practical advice and explanation of the process of Conversion to Judaism, with particular reference to the London UK community and Beth Din (Rabbinic Court for conversions etc)..

Daniel has a good knowledge of Orthodox Judaism and of attitudes in the Orthodox Jewish community. This book draws on his experience tutoring Converts to Judaism in London over many years - and is largely addressed to potential converts - but it is wider and more interesting than that. As a Jew who has never had to convert I found it very illuminating reading and shockingly honest.

Daniel offers 8 recommendations for improvements to the London Beth Din and the Community's treatment of converts (on the last few pages) - which I agree with completely.
on 31 October 2015
A very interesting and informative book, clearly by an author who knows his stuff inside out. The "And Why Not to" as part of the title is the key for me, as the 'rules' and regulations that have to be followed by an Orthodox Jew makes me wonder how much is real, and how much has been dreamed up over the centuries to create a mystique. For sure, I would never convert to Judaism.
on 8 November 2012
I would definitely recommend anyone who is thinking about conversion to read this book, it will certainly answer some questions and provoke you to think about areas you had not even considered. I found myself wishing the book was considerably longer.
on 6 November 2015
A real eye opener for someone non-Jewish but sympathetic. I had no idea it was so complicated and long-winded. The author comes over as a thoroughly helpful and compassionate. By the way the joke in question 9 is just not as funny as he thinks ;)
on 24 June 2013
This book is factual, unbiased and informative. Helping readers to make choices about their own spiritual journeys. A real stepping stone path through the otherwise unclear processes involved.
on 14 April 2014
Reliable, open and honest information regarding conversion seems to be in short supply, thankfully this book addresses much of this
on 28 January 2016
I'm at the beginning of conversion and this is a good starter for 10 and helps explain some hurdles.

Don't give up.
on 28 February 2015
Ha! Yet another one I NEVER RECEIVED!!!
on 1 April 2013
I need to clear these books from this list . They are books that I intend to read when I have free time