on 10 June 2014
Have been using this filter for over a year and it makes the Aeropress even better.
The best part is the ease of use and lack of fiddling with paper filters.
Bonus - the coffee tastes better too as the oils aren't absorbed by the steel and so more of the taste comes through in the brew!
If ever I lost mine, I would definitely buy another!
8 people found this helpful
on 25 November 2014
Works very well and is high quality.
Tip: When you have "pressed" the coffee, run the filter assembly under a cold tap for a second, then when you unscrew the holder, the metal filter will slide off the compressed coffee grains very easily.
6 people found this helpful
on 1 December 2016
The prodict is as good as you can expect for what it is. It fits perfectly and lasts for ever but I went back to paper filters after some time. The reason I did this was despite the fit and making sure the seal was good on this I still end up with small particulates of coffee in my last mouthful.

I use this as a template to cut my own paper filters now. I buy the non bleached drip filters and get 6 discs from a #4 filter.
on 27 August 2015
An excellent product for improving taste and reducing waste. I have only just tried a paper filter after using this one for the past few months. There is a clear difference in taste, with this filter producing a much richer flavour than a paper filter. However, the crank in me has decided to swap to mainly using paper filters due to possible health risks with ingesting coffee oils. This will be a nice treat for occasional use.
on 19 May 2018
Well, that'll save me trying to find places to buy the paper filters! So far works perfectly.
on 28 December 2015
There is at least a 2mm gap left around the filter and the plastic holder so consequently the liquid flows out of the holder before it has had a chance to brew....do not believe what the manufacture says because this product is NOT designed for the aeropress - do not buy!!!
on 13 October 2015
Just works fantastically well every time. Why would you use messy paper filters and have to chick them away when you can buy this.
Very good quality and looks like it will last for years.
on 17 June 2014
The holes are slightly too large so a few grounds come through.
I am glad I tried it but I have gone back to paper filters. I am keeping this in reserve in case I run out though.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 9 April 2016
"Does exactly what it says on the tin". Needs to be handled carefully as the disc is quite thin, but helps make a great cup of coffee. Easy to rinse with the rest of the aero press and saves on paper filters. Would recommend 👍
on 29 September 2016
Excellent substitute for the paper filters.