on 10 June 2014
Have been using this filter for over a year and it makes the Aeropress even better.
The best part is the ease of use and lack of fiddling with paper filters.
Bonus - the coffee tastes better too as the oils aren't absorbed by the steel and so more of the taste comes through in the brew!
If ever I lost mine, I would definitely buy another!
on 14 October 2013
I bought this instead of using the filter papers and it's ok, but although it doesn't allow coffee grounds through it does allow more of the fine "dust" through which gathers at the bottom of the cup and means that I have to be more careful to leave that undisturbed when finishing a cup off. I guess that's logical since the metal filter has holes but I'll keep it for backup and use the filter papers most of the time.
on 25 November 2014
Works very well and is high quality.
Tip: When you have "pressed" the coffee, run the filter assembly under a cold tap for a second, then when you unscrew the holder, the metal filter will slide off the compressed coffee grains very easily.
on 1 January 2013
This stainless steel filter changes the taste of my "AeroPress" coffee subtly. I used paper filters previously and the taste of the coffee was lovely and the process resulted in the visible presence of the oils contained in the grounds. Using this filter, the oils don't seem to be present, and there is a cloudier appearance to the coffee. But the taste more than makes up for the apparent changes in the process. Well worth investing in as it means no more paper filters - ever.
on 2 March 2013
Perfect little filter and worth the money if you use your Aeropress everyday. The paper filters had a tendency to split now and then but you won't have any mishaps with this. On second thoughts, if you've formed a habit of disposing of your coffee granules and paper filters into the bin then don't be surprised if this filter finds its way into the bin during the first week of use.
on 30 October 2013
"I can't taste any difference between coffee made with this filter and the filter papers it replaces. Disposal of the residual coffee 'cake' is more convenient using paper filters. However, it does perform well and obviates the need to replace and store filter papers. So, only at this price (£5.40), a good buy. "
on 13 May 2015
Does the job but not as good as I expected to be honest. I much prefer the paper filters that came with my Aero Press. I like a crema top on my coffee and like it very strong. This doesn't produce that outcome for me unfortunately. If you're okay without a top on your coffee then I'm sure this would be ideal and so on that basis I would recommend. Also, it is of good quality and should last yonks.
on 5 September 2013
Received today and tried a cup of coffee with it and it was excellent, nice and smooth I did grind my coffee fine. It is very delicate piece of kit so be careful. A wee tip when using the aeropress and it's upside down, after you pour the water in just sit the disc writing side down on top of aeropress and then screw the black plastic filter on top of it. Then just turn it over the cup and press. No going back, coffee will never taste the same again at home.
on 9 December 2015
I love using the aeropress to make coffe, but I wasn't that comfortable with the waste of using the disposable filters that come with it. Got one of these, problem solved and I can't tell the difference flavour wise.
on 9 April 2013
makes a perfect cup every time without the need to replace filters. It can be slightly difficult to clean due to the nature of the fine mesh, but a great addition to every aeropress