With 'Ol' Blue Eyes' himself singing here this has become one of the classics of Christmas easy listening. Frank Sinatra, still probably the most popular crooner of all time here gives his rendition of this song, which has always proven quite popular. Although this is often on compilation albums if you haven't got it now is a good time to download it whilst it is on promo.
on 5 February 2014
Takes me back to the heady days of my youth, when i was torn between the retro blues revivalists like John Mayall, Uncle Eric etc. (even Joe Bonamassa and others are still rejigging the work of old masters like BB and Muddy !) and the new breed of experimentalists like Mike Oldfield and John McLaughlin. I'd given up on the supposedly 'dull' task of knowing every note and harmonic athletiics of Apache and Crying in the Rain which had swept the music world a few years earlier. Some of John McL.'s work was excitingly optimistic and inspirational, and I can still justify liking it today.
on 25 December 2013
Tempted to buy the whole album. I have these Christmas songs in many forms, and enjoy them all. BUT, no-one, even Buble, can create the same effect as Sinatra. I first heard "Have Yourself a Merry......" as part of the soundtrack of a war film and it had a profound effect which I recall every time I listen to it. Highly recommended for the nostalgic!
on 22 December 2013
Reminds me of my childhood when Mum and Dad would have been listening to it. As with all re-mastered tunes the stereo is not good. I down loaded this track with a few others to try a new sound bar I have just bought and it worked very well, made the house feel very festive.
on 28 March 2014
Perfect for use, it met my expectations.
Very Good price "FREE" What more could you ask for.
It recommend this to anyone who enjoys music.
Not to be disliked it does what it says on the tin
on 28 November 2013
Had friends round having downloaded for free I was very pleasantly surprised
Fun helping to put everyone into the Christmas spirit
on 10 December 2013
Only Frank Sinatra could make Jingle Bells, which is actually a children's Christmas song, sound fun and sophisticated at the same time! I love this single - of course I'm just a child at heart!
on 10 December 2013
Good for creating the Christmas mood. Something all can sing along to. Even the little ones. Cheers for Christmas all.
on 6 December 2013
Don't get me wrong, I love Michael Buble's Christmas songs, but the originals by Sinatra (such as this one) just seem so much more relaxed and natural. A timeless Christmas classic - get it now!!!
VINE VOICEon 7 February 2014
I love Christmas music and find it is hard to beat a nice nostalgic piece. This has been remastered and is perfect if you have relatives of the older generation coming to visit at Christmas.