on 18 October 2012
This product is a must have for everyone who is starting to see signs of aging. I saw a noticeable difference straight away. First it makes your skin look so much better. More even toned, smoother fresher and younger. This is what you notice straight away.

As I continued to use it I noticed a big improvement in my dehydrated skin. The pigmentation seemed less noticeable and several people noted how well I was looking. My sister said my skin was looking really good.

I will never be without this product. I hope you have the same results!
11 Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 November 2013
I had microdermabasion & glycolic peels about 5 years ago which worked very well -apart from the red skin after-effects. My skin took about 3 years to fully heal & although pleased with the results i felt my skin tone was uneven with slight red patches. The balance vitamin c serum took a week to notice any results but my skin colour/tone is now beginning to even out with a bright healthy look. For such a low price i have to give this 5 stars even though the bottle is only half full- even after adding the vit c powder. The serum has to be used within a month -after mixing the powder & serum. I have ordered a further 2 more bottles so i must be pleased.
on 26 January 2015
Loved this serum, my skin drank it up and it absorbs beautifully. Noticeable radiance after first few uses :)
on 23 April 2012
I have used vitamin c before, years ago, and know it helps with the clarity of the skin... but it wasn't as good as this! it remains active for 1 month after mixing, so no danger of slapping something inert onto the skin and wasting your time. my skin (42 years old, a bit oily in places, generally in good nick but looking a bit dull and tired) now looks (after 3 weeks use) bright, smooth, and pore size is reduced. I think this stuff represents great value for money!
on 7 June 2012
I have been useing the vitamin C oil now for one week and i do think it is very good on my 60 year old skin so i have purchased another bottle.
Brenda
on 26 April 2012
It was an unexpected surprise to see such a high end skin care product in Savers, a budget health and beauty store. There were some very interesting products in this new range called Balance Active from Brodie & Stone, but I decided to just select the Vitamin C for now.

Ingredients
6% Illumiscin® - this is a patented blend of Vitamin C, Zinc PCA and Oleuropein (from Olive tree) - individually they are effective, so there should be great synergy combined.
6% Stay-C 50® - Vitamin C is proven to be a very effective anti-oxidant and to give radiance to the skin, it also improves skin firmness by boosting collagen production.
Paraben and silicone free

How it Works
Vitamin C is very well known and well documented as being very good for lightening an brightening the skin, as well as being an anti-oxidant. Zinc PCA is well documented to be very effective for preventing oiliness as it regulates sebum production. Oleuropein is also well documented to be effective against ageing, is anti-inflammatory and can reduce dark pigmentation. Illumiscin has very good data on reducing the size of age spots. [...]

Serum Powder Mix
This is the first time I've used one of these, I have seen them in high end ranges sold in Space NK, and it's not a gimmick as Vitamin C is unstable, and is normally a nightmare for cosmetic scientists to work with, as it discolours and goes off, leaving it ineffective. By having the two products separate means that the consumer becomes the chemist and mixes the two parts, creating a potent product with a shelf life of one month.

Skin Affinity
You apply it with the pipette dropper, I tend to fill it twice to about 1/3 full, and that's enough to cover the face and neck area. Sinks in very quickly so you can apply day or night cream over the top,

Rating
Value for money - found it in Savers for £4.99! Seriously this would cost closer to £50 in other outlets
Effectiveness - both my boyfriend and I have been using this for the past 2 weeks and we are both looking radiant, in fact my skin looks so clear it looks like I'm wearing base, the skin tone is so even and glowing
Pampering factor - applying effective ingredients in a novel component, feels very high tech
Highly Recommended - Go and out and buy up this range now, its unbelievable at this price, and its made in UK
on 19 September 2012
I will be buying again because of the excellent price and I know I am doing the best I can for my skin. The ingredients sound great in theory but as for whether they make a visible difference I just don't know yet....but I like the fact we have a company not putting enormous mark up, so as said, will be buying again
on 5 January 2014
I been to many skin specialist on my hiperpigmentation face problem and nothing had been work to I start using Balance Vitamin C before Christmas 2013 and I can see the results just on few day . I 100% recommended.
on 20 December 2012
I bought this for my mother-in-law and she just loves it. I will update this review whenever she tells me how she feels about the effects of the serum!
on 13 January 2013