on 1 March 2013
Arrived quickly and is exactly as described. Really useful for school lunches, although ended up being a bit larger than I had originally anticipated.
on 10 February 2013
I ordered two of these. They both cross threaded at the first use. I contacted customer services, they failed to reply. I decided to try them,,,,,,stupidly. They leaked and school were unable to open either as they jammed shut. Both my children were without lunch that day. I would most definately NOT recommend this product OR seller. Shocking service & product.
on 2 December 2012
The image of this product shows it's for soup, the sticker that came on it said "ideal for soup". It was bought for soup. Then when it came, the instructions added - "keep upright". The product is not seal proof, it is NOT ideal for soup at all. It was a purchase based on misleading information. Please don't be like me. When you read reviews like these, believe them.
on 10 September 2015
I am delight with this product
on 7 November 2012
I bought one of these to take soup to work. I have heated with boiling water for the past three days before filling with extremely hot soup to find that by lunchtime it has gone cold. To make matters worse once the food has cooled down you can't open the lid. My pot hasn't leaked but today it took me over five minutes to open it and eat my cold soup. It has now gone in the bin and I am going back to my trusty Thermos and bowl. What a waste of money!!!
on 23 April 2013
Bought one of these last Thursday. Friday morning filled with boiling water to preheat and then put in 400ml Tomato Soup which my wife took to work. When she arrived (7 Miles) it had leaked all over the car rear seat even though it remained upright, Then at lunchtime she could not get the lid off as her hand was not big enough to cover and grip the lid. When eventually it was opened the soup was completely cold after 3.5 hours. When she arrived home I filled with hot water and screwed the lid on as tightly as I was able and when I upturned it it leaked in all directions. I have today taken it back to the shop and they point out that the instructions that were enclosed state that it is not leak proof and should remain upright, this is despite the label on the outside stating that it is ideal for soups, stews and pasta. I tightened the lid and invited their staff to open it and none of the females could. They have agreed to investigate with their supplier but would not refund the cost to me even though I insisted it was not fit for the purpose described on the exterior label. --Avoid at all cost it is tantamount to a con
on 9 February 2013
This item is the biggest waste of money. My son used it once at school and it didnt open leaving my son hungry. Disgraceful product
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 October 2016
I bought mine from TK Maxx for £5 and it seemed ideal for my wife whilst she was in hospital during her labour.

It’s not too heavy, easy to hold, spacious internal size inside (with a removal bowl that can keep two foods separate such as milk and cereal, easy to clean and it doesn’t stain with oily foods but there are a few caveats.

When you get it home and decide to read the extensive instructions you realise it need a bit of work.

Even if you have the time to pour boiling water into it the pod to pre-heat the pod first before each use then I think you’ll still be lucky to keep the food warm for the maximum 3 hours that Polar Gear state and that’s even with piping hot food.

The lid is an absolute nightmare to remove and it can be quite scary when you know you’ve got hot liquids inside. If you try to use the handle to help turn the lid, I have a suspicion that it will break off if you’re too heavy handed. Imagine if a weakened person had to try and open it?

The worse thing I suppose is that it’s shaped like a bowl, suggested for soups, perfect for soups even. but it’s not leak-proof!

Basically not recommended to keep hot foods as it just can’t do a good job of keeping food warm and keeping liquids in.
on 24 October 2012
I bought two of these with the intention of giving my children a healthy soup for their packed lunch. After discovering these leaked (and when I read the packaging it did say these were not leak proof, so ok)I made sure both of my children carried these upright. By the time however it came to their lunch only 3 and a half hours later, their soup was stone cold even though the info leaflet said it would keep hot for 4-5 hours!! It wasn't even warm, which inevitabley ended up with two very upset and rather hungry children. I wasn't given long on the refund section, literally two days which fell into the weekend and I only discovered the lack of eficiancy on the Monday. Not a happy customer.
on 6 December 2012
I had an impulse buy for my children's lunches and found out for myself just how bag these lunch pots are. Ours did exactly the same as everyone else's, it leaked, the food didn't stay hot ( it did say for upto 4 hrs not true more like 2 ) and no one could undo the lid for my children to eat their lunch at school. A real waste of money.