Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 July 2013
Some magic,some not. But excellent overall. If they can keep this standard up they will have a great future in the music business.
on 26 August 2012
If you've heard one or two FAK tunes and are wondering if the album is worth buying - think no more - this album is crammed FULL of amazingly repeatable tunes. I can't get enough of them. The only downside is the tunes somewhat eerily keep repeating in my head all day long. Fantastic CD for a second album. Will become a classic.
on 8 May 2012
This blissful album is perfect for a spring Sunday, put it on and let it take you somewhere new. This album is a sweet blend of heartfelt lyric and optimistic melody, it is reflective and uplifting whilst tipping a wink to past albums and a quiet pine towards some of the bands influences, such as the fleet foxes and Pattie Smith.
There is so much depth here that it is easy to reach the end of the album and simply hit play again !

This latest release from Swedish sisters Johanna and Klara Söderberg, features The Felice Brothers and local Omaha musician Conor Oberst who sings on the amazing "king of the world". The album opens with the complex and refined "The Lions Roar" and melts into your Brain from the first silky notes.

Produced by Mike Mogis in Omaha, Nebraska, who has Bright Eyes, Jenny Lewis, Monsters of Folk to name but a few to his name....
on 1 March 2014
I cannot rant enough about how important I think this album is.. Admittedly I had never truly listened to folk before this, and I could not think of a better album to introduce me to the genre. Every single song on this album blows me away, there isn't a single dip in quality. Every track is unique and explores different themes and emotions. I don't think there has ever been another album that has affected me like this... of course I like albums made by the bands I like, but that's because I like the band and assume they can do no wrong. This was just a huge eye-opener for me that there a lots of different genres out there, and I definitely found a good one I love these girls, and this album is just the best.
on 29 August 2013
I bought this after seeing this duo perform at Glastonbury....... (on tv.... I didn't go!).... I am still playing this over and over in my car! It is a fantastic album and I love every track, but especially the title track, The Lions Roar, Emmylou and Wolf. Their harmonies are amazing. Essentially I suppose it is country music, which is really not my thing, and had I not seen them perform, I would never have bought this....... but it is such a lovely selection of tunes that I feel like forcing everyone to listen to it! I am definitely going to buy at least 1 of their past albums now, and I hope they get more air play and recognition. Possibly the best album I have bought for a long time!
on 16 July 2013
I couldn't agree more ! i don't like to preach either,BUT this is the best album i've heard in the last ten years ! the last album that gripped me like this was Radioheads In Rainbows.never has an album ended in it's entirety without skipping a track,then i go back to the beginning,then for a third time ! the harmonies,melodies,simplistic production and arrangements blow you away literally. it makes you all gooey inside and want to cry with euphoric happiness.every song is a gem and i play it non stop ! a must must must for music lovers.best act to come out of Sweden since you know who ?
on 9 April 2013
I heard the first song from this CD in a café. Having bought the CD and listened to the entire album I have to say I think it's well worth the purchase. The singer's voice is very natural, rich and beautiful. The album is a varied mix of Celtic, slow haunting music and upbeat American country/folk music - and the young lead singer has such a beautiful voice similar to a younger Mary Chapin Carpenter or Emmylou Harris. This album proves there is real talent out there amidst the junk that's churned out by the modern music industry.
on 29 June 2012
Pluses are the voices of these two sisters - a little Emmylou Harris or Nancy Griffiths - with harmonies that at times approach the McGarrigle Sisters. Lyrics too are a strong point. The tunes are melodic, but a little obvious and safe (well, they are Swedish after all), hardly original or groundbreaking. In this respect the tracks Blue amd King of the World are the best, the last showing that they can rock it up a little and get a more gutsy feel in. A bit more raw emotion and grunt and they would be superb.
on 20 October 2013
A truly wonderful album. I first heard these girls at Glastonbury this year, when they blew Mark Radcliffe away with their stunning performance of Emmy Lou. That is undoubtedly a great track and the rest of this album compliments it perfectly, with haunting melodies and wonderful lyrics that you'll be humming for weeks. Whatever your music tastes, do yourself a favour and buy this. You wont regret it!
on 25 July 2013
I only just discovered this band totally by accident. I heard the song "Emmylou" in the pub one night and loved it straightaway. This has a lovely understated country sound to it and the singing and lyrics are great.
Their "Sound" is quite catchy, but some songs can end up a bit similar as a result, but excellent quality nonetheless.
Very happy with the entire album.