on 29 January 2014
Love it

I came into this bread on the website from which I am buying some healthy stuff. I didn't know how will taste so I bought only a pack. Well I have to say that I really like it. I went on Amazon and ordered 6 packs. A reviewer said that the bread is dry, well you can’t expect for bread free from yeast, gluten, soya, E471 and E472, etc to be SOFT. Anyway it is not so dry. You can eat it like it is or even better slightly toasted. As it gets warm it’s even tastier (for me at least).

It meant to be for my weekend breakfast but I couldn't resist and because I got the order by lunch time, I toasted 3 slices and pop them into my big salad bowl. Yummy. I would recommend buying first only a pack to try it if you are not quite sure about this bread.

Rating: 5 stars because I love it. The delivery was fast, good packed and the bread looks OK, no damage (broken or with crumbles in the pack).
on 1 August 2012
This is the only gluten free bread without yeast that I have found. The taste is ok, but it falls apart easily, so I cannot eat it anywhere else but at home. Unfortunately the last pack I received was very dry, and I cannot contact the seller about it because it is distributed by Amazon. Sadly I will not purchase again.
on 22 November 2012
The bread comes in air-tight plastic, so i know it was fresh, however it was shockingly dry & as the previous commenter stated - falls apart easily.

The actual taste is fine, but you'll need plenty of water if choosing this bread.
on 24 April 2013
I have given this product a 5 star rating because this bread is just what I've been looking for. It tastes nice and is packaged well. The slices are smaller than I had expected, but apart from that it's good and I would recommend it. I will be ordering this product again. Thank you.
on 24 June 2014
This gluten free bread tastes delicious, however I find it a bit pricey. Also, the actual millet wheat content is 18%, the rest consists of other flours like corn, which could be important to know for people who are trying to avoid certain grains or starch. Nevertheless, I really like Biona breads and the fact that they are yeast free.
on 1 June 2014
If this had been advertised as `pumpernickel type` I might have rated it higher but it wasn`t and it was not what I was expecting. It is small and dense just like pumpernickel ,and does not really toast very well. Disappointed.
on 1 April 2016
A bit disappointed with this bread. Wanted it as it has no refined sweetener or gluten or yeast but it has a slightly bitter aftertaste and I found it fell apart easily. I prefer the gluten free rice & sunflower bread which has a better consistency and taste. This bread is also very small - about 3/4 the size of the rice & sunflower bread that Biona do. It is also very dry and toasting doesn't do much to improve the taste or texture.
on 4 July 2013
This product was advertised at a price of £7.77 (3 packs) ~When I received my invoice I had the 3 packs, but was charged £7.77 for each. The advertising is very miss leading and I found fraudulent.
I never would have paid £24.60 with vat for 3 packs of tiny portions of bread.
The bread itself tastes sour and is awful.
I doubt even the birds would eat it. Very disappointed and really feel taken advantage of.
on 16 April 2014
I really like this bread! I discovered that is better lightly toasted, I agree with one reviewer that said that it becomes tastier. I love it for soups, breakfasts and much more...

Of course it's different from normal bread, the consistency and the taste are something else but I like it's natural taste and it lightness!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2013
Give it a try and your taste buds will soon adapt to its taste. Love it with jam or cashew nut butter/paste.