Customer reviews

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 13 April 2017
to think such a powerful voice can come out of such a small body fantastic voice and he improves with time his voice just booms out I am a true Alfie Boe fan
on 20 May 2017
brilliant,have tickets to see live, VIP of course
on 16 June 2017
Brilliant concert
on 11 April 2017
excellent
on 30 April 2017
excellent
on 30 March 2017
Would have preferred just to hear Alfie sing, but was a live show, so must make allowances for banter and an uninspiring guest or two.
on 21 January 2013
Didn't realize when I bought this that I wouldn't be able to play this DVD on my DVD player. Apparently DVD's are recorded in different zones or something and the UK DVD won't play on my player. Fortunately, I can play it on my computer but I understand that I can only do that a certain number of times. This was a present for my wife for Christmas that turned out to be a flop.
on 5 March 2013
there is only one word for this d v d fabulous . wonderful songs sung by a wonderful man . His personality comes through as well
on 21 April 2012
I was lucky enough to see this show live,I also met him at the meet and greet,I am a massive fan,so have this DVD on pre order, so desperate was I to relive the concert,but as much as It pains me to say it,I didn't enjoy this dvd I think they should have waited for him to settle into his performance before recording it.It didn't need guests being singled out either if you watch one of the celebs in particular,they looked uncomfortable at being picked out. Also Alfie always has singer with him she was (Becky Jane Taylor) when I saw him she was fantastic,I think It could have been Laura Wright? for this recording appologise if I'm mistaken, you see her come on to the stage in the end of the show???It could have been so much better. Alfies voice is a true gift, as is his easy charm and wit, a really lovely man, who would be upset if he thought he was giving anything but his best, he wasn't, but maybe others who are in control of the out put should have watched the dvd with a more critical eye. I for one would not have minded if they had recorded more than one performance. One more thing the orchestra were amazing, I was lucky enough to sit through the sound check they were superb, they complemented Alfie completely.I don't want to discourage anyone from buying and enjoying Alfies fabulous voice, maybe any future dvds need a bit more spit and polish.
on 26 December 2011
I know that this dvd is not released yet but couldn't resist. I saw this in the cinema so generally speaking the DVD should be pretty much the same thing. It was absolutely amazing. Yes we would expect a note perfect performance from Mr Boe but what I was not expecting was his side splitting humour.!. At the begining it was clear that he was nervous but as the show progressed it was almost like a comic stand up show between each performance! and the prescence of Matt Lucas certainly did nothing to limit the fun as you can imagine. A genuinely lovely man with great character-- and I wasn't even witnessing it in first person merely admiring the man on screen.

Now of course one must discuss the actual musical merit of this concert even if the answer is pretty obvious. It was superb. He sung nearly every song on both of his newest cd's note perfect. The orchestra was magnificent and the songs allowed them to display their talents to the full. My only tiny disappointment was that he sung nearly every song yet left out music of the night-- but you can't have everything can you. Of course he had a les mis section of the night and was joined by a few special guests- some which were surprisingly good and some who blew your mind.

The ending was deffinitely not what i expected but was pure genius. Mr Boe set to prove that he can take any song and make it classical and operatic and he did just that.

BUY THIS!!! you will be rewarded with classic songs delivered note perfectly, an enchanting orchestra, comic relief-- needed after a few quite depressing songs, and a special performance from Mr Boe himself ON THE DRUMS!!! EPIC!!!!
33 Comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse