I bought this flask to accompany me on a cruise next month. Not that I'm mean in any way, but having forked out for the actual cruise itself, I have a big problem with paying through the nose for my onboard alcoholic drinks as well. Never mind though, because Andrew James has solved that problem. Obviously alcohol is not the be all and end all of sailing the high seas with a few hundred complete strangers but, let's face it, it tastes nice. So, I propose buying a bottle of rum on the way down to Southampton and using that and this new contraption. I'm not too fussed about the quality of the drink, provided that it is cheap and doesn't remove the enamel from my teeth.

The flask is made of a nice quality stainless steel and definitely looks more expensive than it was. The name of 'Andrew James' sits proudly upon it as the only form of decoration. I should think that might be a bit confusing if you go berserk with this hip flask and get so drunk that you can't remember your own name - I can certainly see myself getting pie-eyed and then trying to steal Mr James' identity. The flask doesn't leak although getting a shot of your drink out of it can be a rather noisy affair, with an awful lot of loud 'glugging' noises. I hope the sound of the ship's engines will help to drown out the sounds of my stinginess, that's all. As for being discreet about pouring myself the odd shot, I'm expecting gravity to keep picking on me while I'm travelling around the Fjords, causing me, my free soft drink and this hip flask to rendezvous under the nearest table at regular intervals.

The funnel is an excellent idea although I can see that getting lost. I will have no such problems with the lid of the flask though, for it is attached to a little hinge for safe-keeping. It looks to be rather bulky to keep in a tuxedo, and I would hate to keep it in a front trouser pocket anyway for fear of getting anyone excited and then subsequently being done for false advertising. I think I might have to carry it around in a man bag, along with my nail file, eyebrow tweezers, lip gloss and all those other tools necessary these days to be a 'modern man'. No? Oh well, that must just be me then.
on 15 August 2012
I bought this hip flask for an 18th I went to, to put my rum in. And it was great because it was easy to fill with the funnel and holds loads like 230 ml , yet it fits perfectly in the pocket, so perfect for what I wanted it for without having to carry round an unpocketable bottle :) cant go wrong for the price either!
on 9 March 2012
good looking,light weight flask but sturdy. volume is greater than some other flasks i've got and the funnel is an excellent bonus; saves spilling those expensive single malts which are essential when enjoying a cold winter's day out at the races or the rugby.
NOTE: I was contacted directly and was sent this product for free. I was asked to use it fully and to write an honest, unbiased review. My being given a free item in no way influenced my review of this product.

Crafted from stainless steel and offering a simple, yet stylish look, this hip flask holds a decent 8oz of fluid of your choice and arrived smartly gift boxed, thus its also ideal for gifting if that is your wish.

Its similar in design to another hip flask I own, but whereas with that one the stainless steel has been covered with a fabric, this hip flask is unadorned and thus may be more suitable for those not wanting colour or design to be a feature of their flask - they just wanting one that carries what they want, tips it happily and drip free into their mouth and secures closed with a neat and functional screw top lid. Job done. You get the nice designer touch of the brand name on the front though. Unobtrusive to the eye, but letting you know you have a quality product here.

When I’m just out hiking locally and not having to drive, I do like a nip of JD from my hip flask when I’ve settled on a rock to survey my surroundings and to delight in the wonders of nature. A quick unscrew of this and a slight tilt of my wrist and a warming sensation envelopes my insides as the amber fluid travels downwards. Also, a hip flask can come in handy if you come across someone injured and needing a little boost as they are trying to hobble along with their twisted ankle or some other such misfortune. I’ve shared my hip flask when out on the trail more times than I can count, you’re always welcomed if you have a hip flask. But I digress here …

You are supplied in the box (carefully wrapped in a little plastic bag) with a small size appropriate stainless steel funnel to pour your chosen liquid into the small opening of the flask. Its small so that when you take a sip it doesn’t pour unceremoniously down your throat! Just a sip is all that’s needed usually lol. The little funnel worked a treat when I poured a decent measure into my flask. Don’t leave fluid in there for more than 3 days though and be sure to rinse it out thoroughly before its first use and whenever you empty it, that way you’ll keep the insides as they should be.

You’re not going to lose the screw top lid either, its cleverly attached by a hinge so that you can just push it out of the way to get your lips around the flask opening and then push it back prior to screwing on. I hope whoever invented those hinge lids got an award, great idea! I used to have a hip flask years ago that didn’t have a hinged lid. That lid got lost goodness knows where. So did the funnel now I think about it. Keep an eye on where you store that funnel! I keep mine by my hip flask in the cupboard now.

The size of the Hip Flask is approximately 9.6cm (L) x 2.5cm (W) x 13.6cm (H)

The brushed stainless steel look of the hip flask is very nice and the price - well, what a lovely low price it is too. I paid 3 times as much for the last hip flak I bought.

Highly Recommended!!

PS: Its light to hold and carry too and ideal to sneak into a trouser pocket if you want to be able to do that! Mine slips into my backpack outer pocket, so its handy when I need it hehe.
review image review image review image review image
on 5 September 2015
This probably saved its cost with the first use, at a function where buying the equivalent amount of alcohol from the bar would have cost a fortune! Fits comfortably in a jacket pocket (It would probably not have been as comfortable in a hip pocket, as a lot of sitting down was involved). It's a simple and unadorned design, reflected in the price, and when filled holds a good amount of liquid (about one third of a standard 750ml bottle of spirits, 9 or so single 25ml pub measures). No discernible leakage - time will tell whether I can rely on this. The screw top seats well, and is captive. Comes with a little stainless steel funnel for filling (pour carefully - its only a narrow mouth, and you don't want to spill any of that precious liquid!).
on 11 March 2016
A really nice, well designed hip flask. I only needed this for one night, which is why i decided to buy such a cheap one, however, this product is brilliant. It doesn't leak, it comes with a funnel and it's quite a huge hip flask (so you can easily fit half a bottle of vodka in there). I'm still regularly using this product two years on and i can't believe i bought it for such a cheap price.
on 1 June 2013
I bought this for my mate as he loves whisky.

When he first opened it you could tell the lid was not secured on properly, there was tack welding around the neck of the spout, within 1 month, he said it started to taste funny, I sawed the thing open and it was rusting on the inside.

My opinion - Don't bother
on 18 February 2016
LOOKED FOR A LONG TIME FOR A HIP FLASK AND THIS IS IDEAL EVEN WHEN I GOT IT OUT MY MATES WAS WELL IMPRESSED WITH IT
HOLDS 7 SINGLES WHICH IS PLENTY TO TOP YOU UP THROUGH THE NIGHT OR WHILE YOUR OUT ON A COLD DAY
WOULD RECOMMEND YOU TO BUY THIS
on 17 December 2014
I really like this. Great quality really nice 'feel' incredible price ( I paid £3.99) its a well made product with a good finish

I have never owned a hip flask before and wondered am I becoming an alcoholic - but as I'd drink out anyway taking a third of a bottle of Jack Daniels about (which I have nto done yet lol) wol dsave a fortune

good item - but it
on 18 December 2014
Does the job, the front, sides and back are a good looking finish however it is very obvious that the top is then welded on and the final finish is left wanting (on both of the flasks I bought) but they seem robust, and at £4 each I cant complain and if they get lost or damaged then so be it! Alright for a lads night out but I wouldn't give one as a 'quality' gift.