Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£19.37

on 17 April 2011
The book arrived on Thursday, I have been unable to put it down. I had no experience of using Excel at all and now (Sunday early evening) I am able to enter simple formulae that will calculate VAT, Tax etc on a list of transactions, write and amend formulae, insert charts, graphs etc and have a good command of the functions of the program. The CD is very helpful as well. Now I'm looking forward to learning the more complicated parts. Excel 2010 Bible
on 17 April 2011
A splendid resource. It does it exactly what I wanted it to.
Unlike some excel guides it doesn't just slightly rewrite the help index.

It is well written and easy to understand. It covers all aspects from the very basics to the more advanced stuff. The chapters on VBA were especially good. After reading them I have begun to be able to do some basic VBA programming.

Like a lot of books from this publisher it does have slightly cheap feel to it and I didn't like the grey colour of the text.

The CD that accompanies it is very useful and all the examples seem to be accurate.

I have found this book to be immensely helpful and having a copy of it can make you the "excel expert" in your office.
on 16 December 2014
John Walkenbach is the man, and this is the book. Engaging style, packed with extraordinary yet USEFUL and accessible detail. A 1000 page masterpiece of its kind. E book included. Perfect bedtime reading if you're as sad as me. For £20?? Come on, what are you waiting for!
on 10 July 2012
Having previously taught Excel to adults I can say that this is an extremely exhaustive book on Excel (although to get the most out of Excel you might need a separate book on VBA - one chapter won't be enough). There is a lot of detail here for people who want to know the application's features inside out.

My only real gripe is that the supplementary Excel files are not included with the Kindle version, and don't seem to be available on the publisher's website either. This is quite disappointing.

Other than that, it's an excellent, detailed resource. If you're looking to quickly get your hands dirty then there may be shorter, less detailed books out there.
on 19 May 2014
This is an excellent book for anyone who wishes to develop their Excel skills. The included CD accompanies the book.
Both book and Cd are a great reference material. A definite recommendation for purchase. prompt delivery. Many Thanks.
on 10 January 2014
Purchased so that I could gain more excel experience. It has a learning Video with it and was well worth the using. I have learnt so much and I can also look up on the training video anything that I am not sure of. Very quick and easy to follow the video so that the book is only required for reference purposes.
on 21 January 2014
Always thought I knew a lot about Excel. This book highlights how much I don't know! There is something for everyone in here, even experienced Excel practionners. A must for all Excel users and a good investment.
on 22 February 2012
This should be considered the haynes manual for excel. I haven't got all the way through because this book is written as a reference manual. You can work through the book in order if you are new to excel, or just dip into the sections that you need guidance on. I have already found a lot of useful shortcuts and other ways to minimise the data entry. There is more here than I think I will ever need!
on 5 April 2012
Considering the thickness and the good reviews, I expected a lot of information. I had just switched from 2003 and needed some informations to help with the process of converting my spreadsheets. Honnestly I didn't find much I didn't know after a week using 2010.
So might be good for Excel new users, but if you're building spreadsheets every day, producing VBA etc etc, it's basically useless, even to help switching from 2003.
on 17 April 2012
This book is an advanced Excel support, it covers most aspects to an in depth level and is worth getting for a support manual for day to day activities with Excel.