on 22 November 2011
This was disapointing...a handful of tracks are excellent, but the rest lacked "living music" seeming instead to be big band/concert orchestra offerings. It will sell, as presents to relations who are fans,but will disapoint many of us who expect that bit extra in presentation and arrangement. Buy the D.V.D. Wiener Festwalzer instead, it is excellent..why could this not have been issued as a C.D..the music is fantastic! The disc lacks vibrant presentation, and is not what we have come to expect from this amazing musician and his orchestra!! Why do we now have a digially re-mastered Christmas D.V.D. "newly released"? I think Queen Victoria would not have been amused!
on 4 April 2017
As per usual for Andre this is beautiful music played by people who are having a great time playing it.
on 18 July 2017
on 5 January 2017
My Sister loved it.
on 21 August 2016
a good selection of music
on 15 November 2015
What more to say? This is a wonderfully uplifting CD.
on 6 March 2017
If this was a original c/d... it was very poorly made, nearly jammed up my IMac. NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL
on 15 June 2017
Present for my mum
on 29 November 2011
Expecting the usual high standard, I could find nothing on the dvd to lead me to expect subtitles, and the length of the dvd was much shorter than I expected for a Christmas gift. If I had been aware of this I certainly would not have bought it.
on 14 November 2011
Excellent service from Amazon,as usual, fast delivery and great price [£7-19] as I pre-ordered some time ago. I particularly enjoy Swan Lake, We'll meet again and Are you lonesome tonight. Very disappointed that the dvd will not play on our H.D. television. We had the same problem with Forever Vienna, but not with the dvd that came with the last cd. I have watched it on my computer and ,although it's great, it does not appear to be the whole dvd as advertised on the A.R. website. I would hesitate to buy from his website because it does not specify the format. Perhaps Amazon will stock in the future.
22 Comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse