Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 29 July 2013
I am recovering from cancer, and the story is so true,you do have to fight your demons, but staying positive has helped me get through this. Terry this is a lovely story and I am sure when your friend read the book he felt the same way. I do hope that you get lots of people to read it, my best wishes to the druid for a long and healthy life. I am a great fan and have all the Shannara books,keep on writing.Thank you.
on 15 November 2016
I've read this book in preparation of reading all of Terry Brook's Shannara Chronicles. It's light and has good message, I started to read it to my son but he fell asleep, so I'll read it to him later. Very good
on 7 July 2014
Excellent. This story took me back to the sort of story, I used to enjoy reading as a child.
Having had a similar life changing experience a few years ago, I could really connect to what was happening to Jack.
on 22 March 2013
Terry Brooks does it again with an excellent short story that not only adds to the amazing world already created but gives an insight into the process and thoughts behing the epic word and void / shannara saga. Well done.

Plus a wonderful thing to do for a friend :-) Buy it, read it, and you will understand.
on 7 May 2013
This book is a great book because of how he knows that pick isn't there but he still calls him his friend because of the way he acts around him and takes care of him! I would definitely recommend this to a friend, in some parts of the book it made me feel like my heart had stopped!
on 26 December 2012
I bought this and settled down for what I assumed would be the first of a few peaceful days of reading. I was just starting to get into it when it finished. If the review said it was a short story, I obviously missed it. Will spend a bit more next time for a proper read.
on 13 January 2013
Mr Brooks at his best..makes me wonder if there was a short story that started the Shannara line? This though tuged at the heart strings but delivered a clear message "don't give up" (amongst others).
on 9 March 2014
After reading a few of Terry's books I felt this one must have been one of his earlier books and was more geared for children in mind. Was'nt as impressed with this one as I had been of the others.
on 21 December 2013
Terry Brooks easy to read, highly imaginative science fantasy stories. His books should have been turned into Films. There are many more so try them for yourself, but look up all of his books
on 18 March 2013
I liked the linking of the story with the life of the boy. For me it is a tale of true grit - how many have to live. I would have liked it to go on longer, glad it inspired further books.