on 5 September 2013
Although, on opening the box. the product appears to be fairly well made, in reality, the 'firmware' requires a great deal of work!
Following the enclosed instructions (admittedly in rather better 'english' than some), pressing the 'Menu' button does not always produce a 'Menu', sometimes you change 'Mode' (or 'Up' or 'Down).
Pressing 'Mode' similarly does not necessarily alter or give options relating to 'Mode' - sometimes one gets a 'Menu'! When 'Up' or 'Down' is pressed, one gets 'Mode' (or 'Menu' - or Down' - or 'Up') or whatever it feels like doing today - tomorrow, of course may be different ... you get the drift.

Don't buy it! (Unless of course they get the firmware sorted!)
on 1 August 2013
I would have given this little CCTV a 5* if only it picked up the registration plates of the vehicles in front but it doesnt until they are right under your nose or you are stopped in traffic behind them. I brought this as a lorry shed some of its load and damaged my car on the motorway but I didnt get the registration number and could do nothing. I thought that if I had had this fitted it would have saved a claim on my insurance but it seems that even if I would have had it fitted I would still not have got the registration! Decided to keep as it is better than nothing. I have ordered another (cheaper version) for the back window as something is better than nothing. It is also good to leave running in car parks as if you are hit whilst parked you could probably get a registration! Easy to charge up when you get home. A little bit of peace of mind!
on 2 March 2013
Works as described, quality of the image seems to be ok, but after I used it twice, I had an epiphany, and checked whether there are any apps for my smartphone which do the same work. Obviously there are, and cost a fraction of the price of this item. If I could go back in time, I would not buy it, since I started using my smartphone instead.
on 28 December 2013
I've had this about 9 months working every day in a minibus.
No problems so far, apart from in cold weather when the suction pad falls off the screen.

It will record scenes well, but rarely well enough to read number plates.
Also there's no night vision and you need reasonable light to record an image.

I've mounted the camera in the centre of the screen, because I found if it was mounted on O/S of screen the image made it look as though I was driving straddling the white lines.

But plenty good enough as evidence
on 29 September 2012
This camera works well but recently I changed my car for a Nissan with no 12v ciogarette lighter power outlet which is necessary for powering this camera - connection to a USB point will only charge the battery and allow connection with a computer.
So I had difficulity in powering the camera in my new car - the power connector that plugs into the camera is in fact with its yellow connector head - an EIAC-02 connector (Japanese standard)with a 1.7mm pin receptacle and 4mm barrel diameter for a 4.4mm aperture.

The lead required is one for a Sony Playstation and is obtainable on the net c/w a 1 meter lead - standard male USB connnector on one end and the EIAC-02 barrel connector on the other.

It can be found sourced in the UK on a well-known trading site (e-bay).Look for USB to 4mm 5v DC barrel connector
on 28 March 2013
I thought that this in car camera would be difficult to opearte and use but it was not. Very clear downloaded folders and well worth investing in a large memory SD card. Make sure you read the small booklet before use as it makes using the camera much more enjoyable.
on 9 October 2013
Purchased from Amazon 7 months ago. Worked for 6 months with occasional lapses then failed completely. Refused to recognise the plug in car adaptor. Fault appears to be the internal connection. Also buttons on the side tended to stick and menu button jammed and became useless. Advise - this camera is of poor quality and is a waste of money. See various on-line reviews before purchasing an in car camera. Note that Amazon returns only accept returns up to 3 months after purchase.
on 9 September 2013
I wanted something I could leave in the car semi-permanent. This little camera is easy to set up. Instructions are very basic but its really "on/off", "recording interval", "sound". Lots of cable which I managed to tuck under the trim around windscreen and floor beneath car seat (says a lot for how badly made the car is really). When plugged into my lighter/power socket the unit is on constant unless switched off on the camera itself. Good wide angle and night images are better than I thought for the price. Reading a number plate is difficult unless close up. A bit cheeky to give only 4 stars just because it is not what I would consider HD, but for the price I am very pleased.
on 17 April 2012
Quick and easy to purchase (thanks Amazon and supplier); product is simple and easy to fit; works a treat; great reassurance. Now fitting a second unit and have recommended this to my friends
on 30 August 2013
I have purchased 2 other cheaper similar cameras for less than half this price there were total rubbish.this product is excellent and does exactly what it says on the tin and more.
Also it is far better built and solid instructions are excellent, don't waste time on imitations.delivered within 24 hours

A
on the tin and more,cannot fault it,don't waste time on other imitations