on 8 September 2014
This is the best in car adapter I've used and I've tried about ten, the problem I've found with previous adapters is they don't generate enough power if you are using your phone, I.e when in the car I stream music via Bluetooth to my stereo and also use Google maps for navigation, previous adapters would not charge my phone whilst I was doing this. But not with this beast you can use as many apps, and Bluetooth or anything else you want and this baby will generate enough power to charge your phone whilst doing it. Fantastic
10 people found this helpful
on 3 October 2015
Does exactly what you'd expect - but check that you have a cigarette lighter connection in your car first! My car is fairly old so I have one, but my husband's work vehicle doesn't have one so he can't use it, which is primarily why we wanted it. However, as far as the product goes, it works like a dream. It takes a little longer to charge my iPhone than if it was plugged into the wall at home, but I've asked around and it seems that this is generally the case when using a car charger and has nothing to do with the product. It's easy to install - just plug it in and simply insert the USB charger, connect it to your phone, and it'll start charging as soon as you start the engine. Great for distance commuters or when going on a long road-trip.
VINE VOICEon 6 May 2014
What I like is that it does what it says - it charges my HTC one Mini - using the car cigarette socket. It seem to do it rather quickly and it displays some heating in the process. So far - I think it will be an asset.

What I don't like is the lack of USB cabling - which is understandable - since the manufacturers can'y anticipate all the USB plugs in the market - or could they?

I will recommend it - with a word of caution. Perhaps the people complaining about its poor durability had left it in the car over night; and in cold UK weather - it has condensated moisture inside its electronics. That wold definitely rule out leaving it the car. Also - perhaps they pushed it in and waggled it a bit much and caused sparking in the electrical contacts - which most electronics don't like.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 19 June 2013
This is a very well built, and well presented product.

I had cause to buy this as I found my two bullet chargers, one of which cost a good bit more than this one, no longer worked in conjunction with my iPhone 5 and lightning cable.

So I took a punt on this and I am very happy. It seems sturdy enough in hand and provides two usb ports for charging (though charging two simultaneously means they share the output and thus charge slower). When inserted and powered the fascia glows a pleasant blue (the glow isn't too intrusive thankfully).

It comes nicely packaged with a little leaflet explaining that one port is for your iphone/ipod/ipad and the other is for other devices.

Overall I really like this product, so much so that I immediately ordered another to go in my wife's car. Well built and does the intended job nicely.
on 13 July 2012
This is a wonderful little piece of electronic wizardry. When ordering this item, I expected nothing more than the usual "Car Charger". I was absolutely flabbergasted, when I opened the package and found this "Little Gem". Even at first sight, it looked and felt real "Quality". The construction of this procuct matched it's looks in every way, and closer inspection did not let the product down at all. Everything about this charger says "Quality", not only does it look quality, but it oozes quality during operation in the vehicle. I could not be happier, especially now that I found an accessory, which matches the quality of my vehicle.
What more can you say about something that Looks good, Feels good, and Does it's Job, "as advertised". I'll be looking for more of this company's products every time I log-on to Amazon.PowerGen Power-U Dual USB 2A 10W Heavy Duty Ouput Car Charger for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPhone 4 4s 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch (USB cable NOT included) - White
on 26 August 2014
This works great. There are two ports: A and S. Apparently A is for Apple products and S for other ones. Have named them A for 'Amazing' and S for 'Shocking' as when trying to charge two iPhones in them when on the go, the A port charges phones amazingly well, but the S one's charging is shockingly poor. Shame both ports can't charge as well, as we have to swap our phones between the two, but good to at least be able to charge one whilst on the go. This purchase has saved me quite a few times when I have been out and about and my phone's been low on battery. All in all, I'm happy with it. Just a shame both ports don't work for the products I have.
on 3 February 2013
Since I got the iPhone 5, I was able to realize that there aren't many credible options available for accessories to this phone, since it is new. So I searched and came across this charger. It's a pity it doesn't include the lightning cable, but besides that it works perfectly recharging my iPhone on the car.

I've made a few trips with it, on some bumpy roads, and it didn't dettach from the lighter in the car.

I haven't tried the other usb port, for other devices, since this is the only one I need to charge on the car, so I can't say if it works or not, but my main concern was the iPhone and it charges perfectly, so I'm very happy with it.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Doesn't come with the lightning cable, and those are still hard to find without being Apple, so it this works so well, I'm sure that the lightning cable would work as well...
on 24 June 2013
The key to this product is its versatility. While driving around, you can charge an Apple device such as an iPad or iPod at the same time as charging something else. In addition to my iPad, I also use use it to charge a Tom-Tom sat nav, as well as batteries for my Canon digital camera. This provides a considerable level of freedom, for example, when on holiday. If you forget to charge up during an evening at a hotel or B&B, just catch up in the car the next day.

I've read some of the other reviews, and all I can say is that any problems they talk about don't apply in my case. I've had it for a couple of months now, and have found nothing wrong with it.

If the charger fits the power socket loosely, why assume the charger is at fault? Perhaps it's the socket itself. In any case, my charger fits well, does the job, and I recommend it.
on 25 October 2013
I have a Sat Nav and iPhone 5, on longer journeys I like to keep my phone charged and the Sat Nav working, but how? With this super little gadget it is so easy, I can even park up and play with the iPhone without wondering if the battery will run down. I wish mobile phone companies would supply something similar with the phone, but they won't and if they sold them it would cost around £30. This gadget is stylish, it works, it does just what I want, it's so good I even bought another for a friend because mine was remarked upon. There are others on sale but this is the best looking one, and it works. Cannot recommend it enough.
on 27 February 2013
The changer arrived quickly and worked when I tried it. We have a number of devices though so far I have only attempted to use it for an android phone in the "S" socket which has charged well.

I used this charger plugged into the dash and also via a "splitter" so that two devices could be plugged into the lighter-socket at the same time. In both cases the phone charged quickly.

I have found a spare usb lead for the android phone and apple lead for an iPhone (not yet tried) since no cables are provided.

(I bought a car charger previously that failed on the 2nd try so this is already a winner!)

Happy customer.
One person found this helpful