Customer reviews

on 10 June 2012
I have read a few books by Stephanie Bond now and really enjoyed them. This one, in comparison, was a much more average read. I found the story very slow going at the start; possibly because the characters weren't as well rounded as they could have been.

I worked out who the main suspects were quite some time before the end - so reading to the final chapter was pretty much a formality. Then in the last couple of chapters while all the loose ends were tied up there was a sense of, "so what?" (again partially due to lack up characterisation and partially because there was a sense of convenience to it all)

It wasn't an awful read by any means, but I did find myself at times having to force myself to read it and I was quite glad to get to the end so that I could start a new book. However it was quite nice for reading late at night, before bed, as it doesn't tax the brain in any way whatsoever.

If you read this and find it an average read don't give up on the author, as she has written many better books.
on 2 June 2012
I read the book while I was on holiday and was pleased that it kept me entertained. It's a relatively light read, no need to get the synapses sparking too much, however it does actually manage to keep up the mystery until the perpetrator is revealed.

I felt that the author had a real feel for her characters and managed to show the main people as likable but also still flawed, as real humans are. It was nice to see that it wasn't all cutesy.

On the back of this book I have gone and bought some more books from this author and would definitely recommend that you give her a try if you are into these kind of genres - and definitely a great read for sitting out on the terrace enjoying the summer evenings.
on 5 April 2017
brilliant story well told hae now read them all can't wait for the next one
on 3 October 2012
A humorous romantic mystery which was easy to follow. This was my first novel by Stephanie and I also got this free, in fact all her books I have got while on offer which I think is good to promote them as I then pass on recommendations to others. Good story and I couldnt guess the ending.
on 9 October 2012
I really enjoy her books. Light reading and easy to follow. I have already downloaded the second book in the series. I got this book free and think it's a good way to introduce new readers. If you like romance, mystery you will love this.
on 21 June 2012
This is the fourth book I have read by Stephanie Bond and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was easy to read and would recommend it if you have read any of her other books and like her writing style.

I will be looking out for more of her books.
on 18 August 2013
Louisiana with a twist, the story keeps you guessing to the end as to who the murder could be and with a lot of voodoo in the mix it makes an enjoyable read.
on 5 August 2017
Love these books, very funny
on 8 November 2012
i did like this book nice plot and easy to read. It was good enough to persuade me to read the follow up also from Amazon Kindle.
on 30 July 2016
This book is pure and simple fluff but I admit I had a ball with it. Chick Lit with capital letters, this is not my typical type of read. I was attracted to the southern setting, Atlanta Georgia, and the fact that it was labelled "romantic mystery". The mystery isn't much but it does keep you guessing and surprise you because everybody has secrets that don't get told until the very end. Mostly, though this is a character book. Typical southern fiction with the quirky characters. The book revolves around Belinda and the three women she carpools to work with every day. it was a lot of fun I really enjoyed them all. Yes, it is a romance but it's pretty light and both guys she liked had their moments for me. An all around fun, light read!