on 24 November 2011
Come on £18.98 and a special edition its just the £8.99 CD but with 5 live tracks on a DVD not the full concert DVD (which i was expecting from the Amazon description which the have now changed since i purchased) which you can get for £10.99 so better value to get seperate however cracking CD but not the issue avoid this special edition one.
44 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 January 2012
This is & will go on to be one of the classic live albums of all time, as a massive WHO fan it pains me to say this but "Made In Stoke" is up there with "Live At Leeds", Slash with Myles Kennedy just hits a sweet spot, if they continue together as is rumored I can see some great stuff coming out, this album also underlines who was the creative & driving force behind GNR!!!, I've also got this on "Blu-Ray" it's well hot n rocking ( turn the lights down, crank up the home cinema system & you're there ), brilliant!!.
22 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 22 November 2011
I was never a great follower of GNR, although, of course, I did like Sweet Child O'Mine and Paradise City. I did, however, like the Snakepit and Velvet Revolver phases of Slash's output - so last year when he put out the solo effort "SLASH" I was astounded by the album even though the appearance of several vocalists could so easily have made it a difficult album to take in but no, it was indeed quite a stunner.
So now, what we have here is a fabulous double CD album documenting Slash's career highlights live at his homecoming to Stoke on Trent earlier this year with Myles Kennedy handling the vocal department, and does it rock? AND THEN SOME!
If you like any of the guises Slash has added his unmistakable guitar playing to, you will love this because if there is one thing at which Slash excells, and that is the live show (in this case an especially poignant live show).ALL the showstoppers are here from Slash's career including the aforementioned GNR pinnacles and also his towering solo loosely modelled around the Godfather theme - and Mr Kennedy puts in a powerful vocal too (and has already been mentioned by the previous reviewer his handling of the GNR numbers are better than handled by a certain Mr Rose, of late!) - the only quibbles are the non-inclusion of the "Beautiful Dangerous" track from the solo album (I know Fergie did the amazing vocals, but I reckon Mr Kennedy would have made a superb stab at it too!), oh and the bass response generally, is not hefty enough (but that is correctable!) - but then in the face of this gem of an album, I am really being too pedantic!
Should you buy this? Well, if you don't you will really have missed out on a real GEM of an album that'll keep you rocking for quite some time to come - just buy it and feel the noise!!
on 26 January 2017
Bought this after watching the video of the gig on TV. Terrific double CD. Myles Kennedy's vocals are stupendous and Slash's playing is very Slash-esque, which is a compliment. Particularly love Civil War. Myles beats Axl at his own game. Get it on in the car and crank it up.
on 10 July 2014
Havent bought it as of yet , but saw it on Sky Arts channel. My first impression was " why is Slash's guitar volume so much higher than the rest of the bands instruments including the wonderful voice of Myles Kennedy.
This i must admit ruined it for me because as much as i do like slash's guitar playing ( have every thing hes ever done on cd) i also do like hearing the other instruments and especially vocals when i hear a band. Myles Kennedy has a real gift with his voice and is probably on par with Bruce Dickinson , Glenn Hughes to name but a few as having one of the greatest rock voices of all time.
It hasnt dampened my love of Slash and his music , but i do hope when he releases another live cd/dvd that he gives the other band members room to shine.
on 5 November 2012
Hope it is a good cd as I have now wrapped it for Christmas. This is why I can't honestly review the item, I haven't used/played it.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 January 2014
An awesome live concert recorded in a 1500 capacity venue the set list contains several Guns 'N' Roses classics as well as songs that have become classics in their own right during Slash's solo career.The musicians he assembled for this tour together have created a stonking live chemistry that a live audience can only surrender to and enjoy the atmosphere and the vibe of what is before them.Personal favourites from this performance include Dr Alibi and Slither.This recording is almost as good as actually being there.
Myle Kennedy is an amazing singer and front man and Todd Dammit Kerns is awesome on Dr Alibi.This band is well worth catching live they deliver!!!
on 5 January 2012
I have always been a fan of Guns N' Roses having seen them 2 years running at Wembley on the Illusion tours. So when a 'live' version of Sweet Child Of Mine suddenly came on Planet Rock my ears immediatly pricked up and this version just blew me away. At first I thought it was G n' R because Myles Kennedy does sound a little bit like Axle Rose but not as high or squeeky. When Nikki Horne said it was Slash & 'Made In Stoke' from earlier on in the year I went straight on line on bought the album. And so far I have not been disappointed. The sound quality for a 'live' album is excellent you can hear the singer and all the instruments clearly and the crowed atmosphere is good also. I have found I have liked the non G n'R songs also because I had lost track of Slash an was unfamiliar with his own stuff. But one thing I have found is that I liked G n' R because of Slash and not Axle Rose. So if any of you are G n' R fans buy this album I sure you will love it too.
on 16 March 2017
A good double live album with some old G N F R tracks half expecting to hear axle to start singing the old guns n roses songs and some of slashes tracks mixed in.
on 26 March 2014
I saw this on Sky the other night and was blown away by it. How come I've missed this over the past coupla years lol ? !!

Just buy it cos if you are here you must like Slash, Myles Kennedy is brill as lead singer and for me almost better than Axl . Checkout Alter Bridge too if you like Myles Kennedy, another terrific rock band. Listening to this on my iphone with Beats headphones, production is superb from the autorip download.

Terrific stuff !