Customer reviews

Goldfish Gold Japan 250 ml (Pack of 2)
Style: Gold Japan|Change
Price:£13.48+ Free shipping

on 13 September 2017
Fish prefer this type - so why not
on 11 May 2017
Fish love it
on 13 July 2015
Great buy. Much better value than from pet shops who only sell small sizes. Delivery time superb.
on 14 August 2017
My fish love this. They're healthy and the water is always clear.
on 25 September 2013
This is good value for money,and of course the fish love these sinking pellets,great for my huge black moors.Will use again thanks.
on 12 May 2017
Fish love and doesn't cloud water
on 25 January 2012
Bought this because I lost a fish to swim bladder problems & read online that this could help. When I first used it though my tank went quite cloudy, which it states that it should not do, hence the 4 stars!! But, after that the water cleared & has'nt gone cloudy since. My fish love this food & have figured out they have to feed at the bottom now & not the top. It also keeps them busy looking for their food, rather than it just floating at the top. Have only been using this for about a week but so far so good. It seems quite pricey but you don't need much to feed your fish & the tub is literally full right to the top, so not a bad price really as you get 2 tubs.
on 8 November 2013
I have used this for a few years for my fancy goldfish. I was recommended it because it sinks and lessens the likelyhood of air being swallowed, leading to possible swim bladder problems. The fish all like it, they go straight for it, it sinks. Feed your fancy goldfish sinking not floating food, its better for them. They all seem to like this one too. I have ranchu, oranda, fantails and globe eyes.

Also at 2 tubs for 9.98 delivered, it is excellent value.
on 6 June 2015
I usually feed my two moors, ryukin and oranda Tetra Goldish Japan but thought I'd try the cheaper alternative for a change and because of the good reviews. Unlike the other reviewers, I find it doesn't sink. They are very small round pellets, incredibly light and no amount of soaking will get them to sink. Only the biggest of my fish is interested in eating this - not happy since I'm uneasy watching the fish gulp so much air! Won't be buying this again.

If you have fancies, pay the extra and get the premium pellets. They make a huge difference to colour, growth and appearance of fish!
on 4 September 2014
Great price at £10 for 2 tubs of this food from Pondworld Aquatics, usually they are £7 or so each.

Used Tetra Gold Japan for years for fancy goldfish. It is great because it sinks to the bottom which helps prevent swimbladder problems. I also find it doesn't cause too much of a mess in the water and it's easy to suck up any uneaten pieces if necessary. Every one of my fish has loved this food.

See one answered question