Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 26 February 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Julia decides to do Lejog in 3 parts. I enjoyed her little adventures and admired the hard work and ethic she put into her trips, as a relatively new rider I am addicted to all books relating to bikes . It's an easy book to read and she has a nice way of writing. I admire the fact that she set out to do Lejog (a lone woman riding busy roads and quiet countryside with no back up) but found myself thinking 'For Gods Sake Julia' when she would bottle it when she was faced with confrontation or needed to ask people for anything. Don't let this comment put you off. I would definitely read another of her books. She gave me quite a lot of inspiration
on 7 October 2013
I think I am addicted to reading about people's experiences on a JOGLE or LEJOG. This is an account of yet another way to do it and yet more inspiration for me. I meet a number of cyclists , doing the ride, every year on my cycle commute.
The book started well and held my interest. There were a few chapters in the middle where it felt as if it had been a chore to write and was very much a 'went there, did this' account. There is also confusion over places and their sequences in areas I am familiar with (S W Scotland). Can't comment on other areas but I hope Julia was more factually correct there.
The book redeems itself at the end though and returns to the enthusiasm which shone at the beginning and is a rewarding read.
on 4 September 2013
A well written, enjoyable, easy enough read.

This books product description takes the slant of a woman "risking" the LE2JO challenge stating "With no backup and just a bike and a puncture repair kit for company, that strangest of traveller, the lone female, set off to tackle the ultimate British cycle ride." - fair enough, but basically nothing happens, bar the usual confusions and misunderstandings on any trip of this type. After all she is cycling in the UK on a tough but tested route. That said, I am probably being ungenerous, the book itself is amusing and anyone who has cycled in the UK will identify with the author. I recommend.
on 22 December 2014
An amazing true story, full of vivid descriptions of almost everything on the way so that you feel as if you've shared every mile. She has a tremendous eye for detail and you can feel her tiredness - and longing for a pot of tea !
on 25 October 2015
Good read, entertaining, bought for my wife.
on 23 March 2014
If you have ever tried taking a bike any distance on a train you will understand the problems Julia had getting to the start and from the finish of her ride. great read. well written
on 19 September 2013
This book was well written and very entertaining i couldnt put it down. It was very informative especially for anyone wishing to do this in the future.
on 4 March 2017
I persevered with the book because I wanted to learn more about the LEJOG route.I did not warm to the author. Was she being sarcastic or funny when she seemed to be so dismissive of her husband who phoned her, yet she seemed not to care if she spent the cost of a call to him. My overwhelming impression was of her drinking gallons of tea and going to the toilet. She had to do the ride in stages, so this detracted from the impact and achievement of having completed the journey in one go, and so much detail was given to rail travel with her bike.
There are many more enjoyable books about this route.
on 28 February 2015
Having just started training for my own 'end to end' ride in June 2015, this was a book I just couldn't put down! I was completely absorbed by Julia's adventures and filled with admiration at her constant determination despite setbacks along the way (mostly due to the attitude of rail companies and staff towards cyclists!) This book is a must for anybody. It will inspire you to achieve your dreams whatever they may be.
on 26 July 2012
How can one woman cram so much adventure into what should be a fairly simple, albeit long distance, bike ride. Difficult to believe that so many things, both good and bad, can happen on a bike.
A thoroughly enjoyable read and difficult to put down when started.
When is the next one due?