on 6 April 2013
I will try to make this simple for potential buyers.

Syndicate is a fast paced, high action and visceral FPS.

The single player campaign clocks in at about 6-8 hours on a proper difficulty setting. While the world and setting are well realised the story is a mixed bag, I knew at all times what the actual plot was but it was not very compelling or engrossing and the player character is a silent witness throughout. However the game benefits from a Hollywood cast , including Brian Cox and Rosario Dawson, that really brings up the cut scenes and dialogue. It has a great cyberpunk feel but also that kind of 80's action sci fi feel from such films as Terminator , Total Recall and Robocop, also of course such films as Blade Runner are a source of influence.

The Multiplayer is exclusively Co-operative and is excellent. You team up with up to 3 other "Agents" for a team of 4 and play through a collection of missions/scenarios made exclusively for the MP. The matchmaking is fast and there are still players and games up and running at time of writing. I had no issues finding a game. If you have a couple of mates who enjoy co-op games and are stuck on Rainbow six Vegas or don't like COD sepc ops then this is a must try.

Gameplay in general is smooth/ fast and violent. The feel of the shooting and especially the first person cover mechanic reminded me a lot of Killzone 3. So if you liked Killzone 3 and want something similar or Deus Ex was not balls to the wall enough for you. Give this a go.
5 people found this helpful
on 18 April 2013
This was a fun enough game and for the price I paid I have no complaints but I really hope this rebbot doesn't stop EA pushing for more Syndicate games down the line. The shooting is solid and some of the set pieces and gadgets are clever but it is nothing special enough to push this away from any other FPS.

The original Syndicate was a classic with some intersting gameplay and gadgets. The scope of the syndicate universe needs something more than a standard FPS.

A game with an open world and plenty of tactical decisions similar to what "Watch Dogs" is doing is what the next Syndicate needs to be.
on 13 July 2014
So disappointed as someone that is a great fan of Syndicate and Syndicate wars I was really looking forward to this, I was even willing to give the change to FPS a chance but it hasn't worked for me it's very slow with frustrating puzzles and it just doesn't carry the feel of the previous games , I traded it in thinking of what could have been.
One person found this helpful
on 4 April 2017
Nothing special at all. Quite boring actually. Movement is bad and aiming is just painful. Nothing but a corridor shoot em up without any real edge.
on 23 December 2013
This game arrived on the estimated time (earlier)

When i first bought it after installing any updates was downloading the codes that are given (gives character different look/weapons).

I would buy this game again because it's a great game. I'm not sure that the multiplayer worked for me though, this might have just been my copy of the game or connection. For query's on this would have to ask another buyer if it worked but single-player is amazing.

I would buy this game to play again
on 27 March 2018
Very good game
on 2 April 2013
I'm enjoying this game a lot. I never heard of it before, but after looking at it on youtube, I went for it. If you like FPS, then you will like this...Well I did.
3 people found this helpful