Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£13.99

on 20 September 2012
I bought this after attending a St Agnes Fountain Christmas Concert in December 2011. The music is a really nice mixture of traditional and new Christmas stuff and I really enjoy the style that it's played in. I'm a fan of Chris While and Julie Matthews, so admit to a degree of bias ... but it really is great.
on 1 July 2014
Anyone who hasn't heard of St. Agnes Fountain must have this amazing collection of how truly great folk singers and instrumentalists can celebrate Christmas with old and very new songs wonderfully sung, arranged, played and recorded. If you like folk and like Christmas, this album is a must.
on 26 January 2014
I heard a track on Radio 2 just after Christmas and had to hear more. The original pieces are good and took some getting used to but the alternative versions of traditional tunes are outstanding. By next Christmas I shall know most of these songs and hope to introduce some of them to our annual carol concert: that will certainly shake up the congregation!!
on 27 August 2014
I saw the Aggies last year, absolutely loved them and had to buy an album, because suddenly I had found some new and interesting Christmas music to add to my already pretty big collection. A varied mix of traditional and new songs and carols, excellent musicianship, good humour - perfect for the festive season. If you can get to see them live, do it. If you can't, buy the album. Or do both!
on 8 December 2011
I really enjoy seeing St Agnes fountain live but this album doesn't have the same charm as the actual gigs. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the voices or musicianship, in fact they are (as always) brilliant. It's just for me the album rates as was just OK. Nothing more. Having played it through once I'm in no hurry to play it again.
on 7 January 2014
Just the thing to get you in the Christmas mood. Good variety of songs both traditional and new, all with an Aggies flavour.
on 27 December 2014