on 9 May 2013
It's a great book from the "How to do it" POV. However, it wasn't made clear - and this is so often the case on Amazon - that it's an American book by an American author. I've nothing against the USA or American authors but I'm used to working in metric measures and I find having to convert all the time a real pain. I'm also not conversant with US measures and how they differ from Imperial (which I also dislike working with). Certainly when one is working with the materials used in soapmaking,some of which are lethal, accuracy of measure is extremely important.

The supplier pages are also redundant from a European perspective as a) some of the ingredients are unobtainable in Europe/UK and b) I'd rather not pay the customs duties on importing such ingredients.
on 7 July 2013
The book was very helpful for me as someone looking to make soap at home; however there were such a vast amount of spelling and grammatical errors that it was at times very hard to read/understand. I'm looking forwards to making my first batches of soap soon though...
on 28 March 2013
I found this book so easy to read I finished it in less than half a day. He has some great recipes and hints & tips.
on 1 February 2014
I bought a few books about making soap and this one was my favourite. It has many amazing soap recipes and also gives tips/help on making a business. I recomend this.
on 13 April 2014
I found this book to just what you need to know about soaping. Easy to follow recipes . enjoyable at the end on dealing with the public .
on 14 October 2016
another great book on soap making easy to follow i was worried about lye but if you follow safety rules youre fine
on 16 November 2014
Good easy to follow and understand .
on 11 February 2017