on 24 November 2016
This kit is awesome. Bought one last year for Christmas for my husband and after a bumper crop, have bought some kits for friends this Christmas. Unfortunately our sprouts didn't come to anything but I suspect that was user error rather than anything else. The purple carrots were lovely, the chard took over so fast we couldn't keep up with it and the tomatoes and courgettes just didn't stop coming! We must have had around 30 stripy tomato plants in the end and of the 4 courgette plants, we were kept in courgettes for months - in fact, they turned into monsters. All veg that did make it through tasted beautiful. Everything was bvery easy to grow and the instructions were very easy to follow.
on 17 May 2017
This went down really well with my mum for mother's day. She loves growing things, and this is something a bit different. The box was a lot smaller than I had expected, but it is basically just small tiny pots and some seeds - I don't know how much it would cos to buy these seeds individually, but it made quite a nicely presented present. Some of the seeds have started growing, but too soon to say whether my mum actually gets any vegetables!
on 26 July 2017
Gave several boxes of these as Christmas presents. Was a bit sceptical when they arrived they looked a bit expensive for what they contained. But now 7 months later, 2 of the 3 people I sent them to have said what fantastic results they got with the seeds. A good germination rate and some unusual and very good veg. They make a good Christmas present if you know someone who likes gardening and your stuck for ideas.
on 12 July 2017
OMG! I bought this as a present for my girlfriend at Xmas, we now have triffids growing in our conservatory, not tomato plants:).

Although the pesky slugs had a nice meal of some of the other plants the slug pellets we used on the tomato plants worked a treat.

Very happy with the product, can't wait to eat a tomato!
review image
on 31 January 2017
Arrived on time and in perfect condition, a great present, very happy recipient.
on 8 January 2016
I purchased this as a gift for 2 friends over Christmas and was lucky enough to get it on a flash deal. The packaging and reviews attracted me to it. Obviously I can't comment on how well they have worked as it is only a few weeks since we have purchased it but we were very impressed by the inclusions, and the price. If they all germinate they will make a wonderful salad. I am planning to purchase another set for us when we move full time to somewhere with a garden. Lovely gift, and great value
on 20 January 2017
Haven't planted these yet but purchased as a present for a 10 year old girl who is very excited about the prospect of growing some colourful veg this year. Will update if they don't sprout!
on 22 July 2015
Gave this as a gift to my dad so there's a very good chance it's still in its box somewhere in his house but it arrived quickly, in perfect condition and looked great, I would have been very pleased with this gift as I love the idea of growing some things that are a little different but I am yet to keep anything plant based alive for long enough to get any food off it. If I see it at my dads I might steal it back and give it a go or might just order another one!
on 8 August 2017
I currently have more funky vegetables than garden space. This was bought as a Christmas present and there is much more in the kit than expected. I did not follow the instructions from the box (ie I did not use the small pot provided to start) and this has caused me to get rid of the competitive exclusion which otherwise would have been faced by the plants so now I have twice as many thriving plants than expected. Excellent kit.
on 20 November 2015
It's definitely a gimmick, but the packaging is modern and has a premium look/feel. The idea of purple carrots alone is worth the money and it brought a smile when it was unwrapped.

We're yet to grow them, so the review is only partly complete, but once we do I'll feed back on the growing/taste parts.

As a small gift though - perfect!