Customer reviews

on 24 December 2016
Obviously this DVD is a bootleg version of anthology of various music video clips of the Hollies from past media archives judging by some misspelling and elongated picture of the Hollies ( reminds me of the Beatle's Rubber Soul' album) in the main index page, which was done by an amateur. Despite that I thought in general the picture quality of each music clip from the 60's and 70's is pretty good and well captured. Some of the clips are from the concerts in Yugoslavia and the UK, which is rare nowadays. The only issue I find with this DVD is that some music clips do not show the band in one frame possibly due to the resolution difference in whatever that was taped as original and converted into DVD format. Out of curiosity, I am often keen to take a look at the lead guitarists' finger positions whilst watching music videos. But when I watch this video, often part of Tony Hick's guitar (from the headstock up to about 7 fret) is not displayed or cut off from the picture frame. On the contrary I had no troubles viewing Graham Nash / Terry Sylvester who are seen most of the time on the left with a guitar. But on the whole, I rate this video to be of fair quality. I just wish the major music companies made more of DVDs for the Hollies and some other rock/pop groups of the 60's and 70's.
on 1 May 2014
A value for money DVD of 2 broadcasts ( in Black and White ), one from Crotia in 1968 before Graham Nash left the band and the second which I believe was on BBC2 to promote the " Hollies sing Dylan " album. I hadn't seen this for a long time so it was good to see it again. The band are in fine form, with an orchestra on hand to augment the sound in places.

I would've liked a DVD menu to be able to pick out certain songs or either of the shows but seeing as neither of these shows are available officially, it's better than not having them in my Hollies collection at all.
on 1 February 2015
I really enjoyed this dvd and as my daughter in law has been "introduced" to the Hollies, I bought her one for Christmas. now I think she will go to one of their shows with me with a feeling of what to expect even if there are different people.
on 24 February 2017
great item, well happy with it and would recommend to anyone to purchase, thanks
on 20 May 2013
excellent viewing, took me back a bit with some of the black and white clips excellent value for money will form part of my hollies cd/dvd collection
on 9 June 2013
For any hollies fan it flies the flag. Needs to be seen to be believed. Go on, give it a go
on 21 February 2013
A fan for 50 years The Hollies have been a major part of my life since I was 12/13. This dvd captures my favourite group in concert and the performances are great. Can't fault quality of sound or picture. A must have for true Hollies fans
on 21 August 2014
Product OK
on 4 November 2012
This DVD video seems made from 2 HD TV transfers to a DVD recorder. The first have a lot of "compression", but the original image quality seems very nice. Both concerts are presented from a remastered great quality master source, in a restored black & white image quality, but the first have a lot of "compression". Maybe the first concert is from a transfer to recorder in "6 hours" mode. The second concert looks great. This seems a transfer to DVD recorder in "1 hour" mode. Excellent quality, although both concerts shows a logo in the top. A quality A, sometimes A- or B+ video, but the second concert is between A and A+ quality.
All the concerts are really great music moments, although the second seems to have pre-recorded audio tracks.
Both the concert are "made for TV".
Probably this is not an officially authorized release by The Hollies themselves.
Recommended for the Hollies fans only.The Hollies In Performance
on 13 September 2013
it was an ok viewing, as a hollies fan i didn`t regard it as some of their best productions, i was slightly miffed with the recording quality.